Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, here comes a really stupid question. I am guessing there is different kinds of opel gts. What do i have?? it is a 1970. I am still extremly clueless about this car, and i need to get to know more about it. if someone can help me, email me at [email protected] thanks...

kyle

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
That document is great. I used it when I went into the Vehicle Inspection station to explain my Fuel Injection system.

You might be able to get more information from a Vehicle Inspection station. The stations in Kansas have a book that describes, in detail, every accessory or attachment on a vehicle.

Mine drove them nuts with all the later model change outs, such as the Fuel Injection system.

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Kyle;
DMV's go by the actual chassis VIN number. If your car is titled as a 1970 model, then it's a good bet that's what it is. Now, you can track the "history" of the car to an extent. One is by talking to the PO(s), another is by listing the various changes that are NOT what's supposed to be on a 70 GT, i.e., 5-spd, F.I. and such. The motor, head, and 4-spd (if so equipped) tell their own stories too.
Gene

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help, i used the site that 72 gt provided and found out it is a later model 1970 gt. Now a new question, at the lenk site they have next to to parts a number like for the hood lt13, there is a number 3/044, is that just a part #?? That site is hard to understand.. And how much do you think shipping would be from there to washington?? I am guessing alot..

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
probly a lot, but OGTS gets a lot of their parts from either Lenk or the same suppliers that lenk uses and chances are they have the same parts that you are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Kyle;
That's their part number, if you're refering to the hood with the NASA ducts on it. It breaks down like this, the "3" part is from the third section of the online catalog, and the "044" it the 44th part in that catagory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts