Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
different main bearing sizes?

hi all, once again i need help from this wonderfull site. called to order my rings and bearings today. they asked what year and i told them 70 which is the year of my car and i assumed there wasnt any differences in the engine internals for bearing sizes atleast. they said they didnt have 68-70 but they had 71-75. i'm worried now because i'm not sure what block i'm using. either a 70, 71, maybe even a 72. but i am for sure using a 72 crank. whats the difference between the years? is the size different for the crank size? or is the the mains them selves or different sizes? or possably both? thanks in advance for any input.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm hoping i was just talking to a dumb person and there isnt a difference between bearing sizes compared to the years

·
315 Posts
Main and rod bearings on all 1.9L engines, all years are the same.

Cam bearings may be shown differently... 3 bearing or 4 bearing head. However, the bearings are the same for the 3 bearing head... you just get one less. So, if you order for the 4 bearing head, you can't go wrong.

Note that all the cam bearings within a giben head are different. That is #1 is different from #2, and #2 is different from #3, etc.

I have finished cam bearing sets (4 bearing) in stock. They are $48/set

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i already have cam bearings, found them new in the back when i got the car.....why the heck couldnt the PO have left some main/rod bearings and rings fo rme too?lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.