Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"dirty-dave" as we like to call him at the gas station i work at, just happened to make fun of my opels again tonight, as he does every night. saying i should keep it close to the door, to keep an eye on it so it dont rust away or break down on me. he's a scrapper and drives an old dodge. i just said that old dodge got twice as rusty as my manta, in half the amount of time, so he outta keep an eye on that old ram of his before it dissapears. he replies with "if that opel was treated half as bad as that doge, it'd of been junked 20 years ago" the way i see it was, the car was made to last 10 years, and here its 33 years old, still getting 6,000 RPM everyday since i've owned it, and i'd like to see his dodge hold 6,000 longer than my opel, either one of em. gave me some BS about how that truck would, asked if he had a tach to show me, which he replies now but his old truck did, which would burry the tach without hurtin the mtoor. asked him what happened to the old dodge, but he got mad and changed the subject. the bickering went on for 10 minutes, till he got red hot as i laughed at him for getting shot down on every angle he tried to cut down the opel. he stormed off into the store, and to add salt to his wound, backed my manta up to the side of his dodge, and powerbraked the heck outta it to splatter some good ol' opel rubber on his door, so everytime he gets in his door he'll remember me. after a year of hearing him cut my cars down, i figured it was a time for a little backtalk. maybe its a venting thread, maybe its something else, but just thought it a fun story to share with the crowd. not like he can prove i got small rubber slung on his door, nothing cops could do about it anyway, was on private property, LOL

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Jared,
I am glad you were able to one up dirty-Dave on the bench racing :). You are correct on the rust thing for Dodges of that era. However, I would like to bring to your attention one thing about old Dodge's and the people that drive them (in some cases) they are bigger than the Opels, so be very carful on how much you glowet ;)

Like the women in the movie "Fried Green Tomatos" after she was cut off in the parking lot for a parking spot ..."That is what insurance is for!!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts