Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
GT carb linkage

Here is a picture of the linkage for a GT You can see that the verticle shaft has the connector that fits on to the carb ball - as in the big picture in the posting above. The other shaft connects the accelerator pedal across to the first shaft.

HTH
Reworked GTJIM's picture to show how it connects together as seen from the passenger side:

· Registered
53 Posts
Great picture, The PO reconnected the links wrong. He had the middle section reversed. I will be listing the DFAV carb on ebay this weekend. If any one wants it let me know. It has a fresh rebuild and in great condition. I just want the proper carb for my dads GT.

· Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Great picture, The PO reconnected the links wrong. He had the middle section reversed. I will be listing the DFAV carb on ebay this weekend. If any one wants it let me know. It has a fresh rebuild and in great condition. I just want the proper carb for my dads GT.
. . . what is it they say about a picture's worth? . . . something on the order of at least 1000 words! :yup:

· Registered
151 Posts
Working from the carb to the pedal linkage.

Pics 1, 2 and 3 are right (passenger) side of engine, 4 and 5 are left (driver) side.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for posting these photos! I knew that I installed my replacement clip incorrectly, but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how it was supposed to be. 🤦‍♂️

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.