Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
distrib base plate and recurving,

Am attempting to recurve the distributor and was wondering how much force one should use once you remove the spring ring off the shaft in getting the contact breaker base plate off and out as to get at the centrifugal advance mechanism?

In the recuvring process these plates should then be locked out by some sort of retaining method be it riveted weld ect.

Right now with no vacuum lines hooked up the car idles at around 950 with little power or pickup if I advance the timing to about 26 degrees there is power but it won't idle under 1550-2000. If I set it to idle at 1000 with vacuum it takes off on its own at around 1000 and goes to 1800.

I have some backfiring and carb pop. I checked the idle jets and they are clean, as it doesn’t pop at higher rpms I thought they might be blocked.

·
1,973 Posts
when it is poping or backfireing or also missing you have to retard the timing it is advanced too much. with out the vacuum advance with normal timing settings will have it fire at about TDC in cylinder 1 when it should fire alittle bit sooner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts