Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need to rebuild my differential< rear wheel bearing, carrier and maybe pinon bearings whilst in there!!! Does anyone know the part numbers for these bearings??? My mechanic about _hit when he saw the OGTS pricing for these and said they got to be cheaper than that! His bearing supplier doesn't show a kit for a 1972 Opel GT, but believes he can get the parts if he has the part numbers. Like to be able to do this without disabling the car right now.

·
1,219 Posts
Wheel bearings are no longer available from normal sources. OGTS is as competive as anyone on those. Seals are available from NAPA. I think one of the pinion bearings are available from NAPA, but the others are not. OGTS is probably your best bet. Make sure your mechanic has an Opel factory service manual and a proven track record on rebuilding differentials. This is a highly skilled process and attention to details is essential.

·
583 Posts
Pinion bearings, SKF 330865CQCL/C $59.45
SKF 330638CCQCL7C $42.57

from Motion Industries.

Carrier bearings are the same as the 1978 Isuzu Impulse I think and are available from Autopartsgiant as a separate cup and cone set ($30). I have the numbers at home. I also have a source for the rear wheel bearings ($60) and have a NAPA number (at home) for the differential gasket.

Will bring them tomorrow.

Dave

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David, Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The complete set from OGTS is aprox. $400!!! This is why my mechanic, who by the way business name is action axles was shocked at the prices!!! He said he can get a bearing kit to rebuild o 1 ton trucks for about $150-$175 for everything and does so all the time!!! From what you quoted it would be at least half of OGTS prices.......Hell most wrecking yards sell complete rear ends for about $500 (not Opel GT) but other cars and trucks.

·
583 Posts
No problem. I'll have to make myself a note to bring the other numbers. The pinion bearings may be a bit more now, those prices are about a year old. If you need to order them let me know. I can at least steer you in a direction to obtain them.

Dave

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
yah i dont think im gonna need the gear set to rebuild it just yet but i jus wanna pull the cover off and drain the oil and look inside and what not so if anyone could throw out the number for the gasket for the cover plate i would appreciate greatly.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PVCAR OGTS Sells the gasket, cheap!!!

OGTS P/N for the rear gasket (paper) is 7025 rear axle to backing plate in their current price list it's only $2.00 (cheapest part in the whole rear end)!!!
I'd call them @ 1800-673-5487

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
David a source would be fine, the P/N Important!!!

David

What I mainly need are the part numbers more than anything as my mechanic does nothing but suspensions, differentials and brakes!!! So this is his business and he can source out the parts he said as long as he has valid numbers and they will deliver to his shop!!! I will definatley make note of these numbers for future reference, for myself and others!!!

thanks again, as I surely need to rebuild my differrental and stop the howling before I can feel safe driving the car anymore!!! I know for sure the right rear wheel bearing is smoked as it's leaking fluid and I might as well rebuild the whole thing while inside there since I have a willing and competent mechanic that can do so!!! ;)

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
David, You didn't forget to bring the numbers???

David

I'm still waiting for your post of all the bearing numbers in the rear end, did you remember to bring them from home???

Cheers!
Rick

·
583 Posts
Calm down, Charles!

The bearing numbers are:

Differential side bearings:

19150 Tapered roller-Federal Mogul
19268 Race-Federal Mogul

Rear axle

524169.Z27-*** or
RW105R Timken

Differential housing gasket

P-29076 NAPA

If you're wondering about the comment, it's in reference to Charles Goin who is currently pestering me about something else. You are reminding me of him. It can get to be aggrevating. Good luck.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
Good thread. Copied to the Parts Substitute Forum. Thanks!

·
1,219 Posts
Those are the correct wheel bearing numbers; however, I have been unable to actually buy them. The Timken # hasn't been made in years and the *** isn't available in the USA to my knowledge.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry David!!! Don't mean to be a PITA BOY!!!

Thanks again for your help, only bought the car three weeks ago and she's begging for me to spend some more money on her!!! I guess she liked being treated as Garage Queen by the PO!!! Hopefully I can get these bearings & or order them through my suspension mechanic, Thanks Again! :D

I'll go away now!!!

Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts