Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my rebuilt Getrag and it just looks funny...the shiftier is way off to one side....I suppose this is due to the slant of the motor...but the shiftier just does not seem right...

·
Detritus Maximus
2,181 Posts
I don't know about the Getrag, but I do know the shifter tower/mount on a GT leans to the left compared to a Manta. A Manta shifter tower in a GT puts the shifter pretty far to the right. 3rd and 4th are impossible.
Is your shifter modified. I think that is required for Getrag in a GT.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Looks to me like the transmission cross member mount holes need to be re-drilled an inch towards the drivers side...

That is what I did, and likewise with Sterling Rempel's Getrag when we installed it. The template provided by Opel GT Source must have suffered some copy-distortion over the years, or perhaps was wrong from the get-go.

I also added about a 1/2" spacer between the cross member and the frame rail, to drop the tail of the transmission down a bit.

·
Opeler
3,670 Posts
Due to tilted GT engine, Getrag shifter is always closer to the RH side of the tunnel. Rubber shift boot is flexible enough to compensate for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts