Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a connector on one of my DOHC 16V engines. I wanna call it a "fuel pressure inspection connector", where you can quickly screw on a pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure. It screws into the fuel rail with an M10x1 thread as it looks like, and has a cap to screw on it for protection (not shown in the picture).
Does anybody know where to get one of these in the States? I have searched Summit Racing, but I might be struggling with the right search term.

Dieter

Automotive tire Wood Machine tool Rim Gas

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Very similar to a refrigerant tap I use in my line of work

·
1,735 Posts
Fuel test port cap is what you need, (low side, blue) A/C cap may work. Newer A/C caps (R134) are larger and will not fit. The older (R12) black (may be blue) caps is what you would look for.
If you can find a evap. system test cap (green and on most late model gas cars and trucks) I think it may work best for you because it's fuel rated.
Most auto parts stores should have these. HTH
John

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
2,308 Posts
Nope... those are just AN fittings.

GV... do you need the exact replacement? Or for another application? FWIW... Pegaus Racing carries a variety that are approved for SCCA racing.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking to replace a missing original fitting. Doesn't have to be the original part. In doubt, I just have to put a M10x1 plug (screw) in it to close it off.

Dieter

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I see why your having a struggle finding something, I have tried wording several different ways and included m10 in some of my searches as well.
Seems strange that it is this difficult?
I would think this would be a reasonably easier part to find than it has been.
I've searched for at least an hour and a half.
That's why I shared the one I did find ( above) Thinking worse case scenario an adaptor from the m10/thread to this may work
Hind sight, finding the adaptor may prove to be equally as challenging I guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts