Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my opel was always real dark inside as a I fumbled for my keys
at night.

I fixed my dome light and then added a flexible stalk light that has an LED.I can point it at the dash or on the spare tire.

If I don't like it later..it is reversible.I only cut a small hole in the dome cover in a hidden area. it has a copper wire backbone that I fed threw the base and epoxied in.

maybe somone can come up with a better waY TO ADD LIGHT TO THE INSIDE OF A GT..

Attachments

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
why not buy one of those led light boards and mount it inside the dome light housing that might be a good idea.

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
The ones we are trying to get JJ to do are 2.5" long by .35" wide, they areavailable in red or amber but maybe JJ could make some white ones also, I'll pm him to see if that is possible.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i wus also thinking there wus that site posted on the rear vent post and they sell a small led bar that uses white leds too but if jj could do a custom set-up id be willing to buy one.

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Great!

How are things going for you?

My spare time has been spent installing relays for various electical items and a fused buse panel to supply direct power to these relays.

I'll post pictures when done.

I'm also working on fabricating an LED third brake light to go in the Lenk spoiler I have. Picture to come when completed.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
have you thought of using a "cool light"
its a neon tube used in computer cases when you have a clear side panel so you can see the gubbins inside
they are 12 volt so are easy to use and give a good white or blue light
just mount where it is best for you its only 1/4" diameterand has a good lenth of lead so the control box can be hidden

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
LED dome light

I spoke with JJ and he said IF he does run the 2.5" x .35" x 5 LEDs, they're more expensive because white LEDs are 10 times more expensive than red or yellow, that could make them closer to $30 for one to use as a dome light instead of $10-$12. How bad do you want one for your dome light? They do fit inside the dome light cover nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts