Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Rotate the picture 90 degrees clockwise and I need the pin that goes in the bottom holder. The stopper is simply a screw and works just fine. My door hangs down slightly and its irritating me to no end.

Either that or the exact width I would need to put something in there so the door closes perfect again.

Thanks

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i bet i have one. i'll check in the morning when its daylight as i have been working on a tempo to get the money to pay for the rebuild kit for my opel...... its only quarter to 3 in the morning, "o give me a break opel"

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
what year is that GT? i checked and mine have different syle door hinges. the part cars were 71 and 72, and i believe my 70 is the same way.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
sorry i fell pretty dang dumb right about now. i just realized you have a manta not a GT. i went to the pics in this forum and seen the same pic of the door jamb and you had been talking about your manta. oops my bad

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is ok. I thought that mutting it in the Manta directory would have sorted that out.

But I do have a question...

If you look real close at the bottom pin, there is a rise that looks like it can be just pounded in to hold the door in place. The bolt that is there now (from previous owner) has its head sitting right on top of it.

Would I be able to get a C-clamp and compress this into the door and have it hold like new again?

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
There is another way of doing this. If you contact a Fastener supply house (yellow pages, or internet) an ask for a "roll pin", "lock pin", or "split pin" in the size and length needed, and especially get a "hardened" pin, you can eliminate this problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.