Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is already my 2nd Thread this morning, but I need some help with ordering parts. Alright, I'm gettin my car painted this weekend, and the dude thats doin it is going to re-align my doors, hood, and headlights/buckets. What seals and rubber and stuff do I need to order from OGTS to get those things completely re-installed? Thanks

Jon

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
without seeing the car it's a bit difficult. The doors need 2007, 2008, and 2023 just for the outsides of the doors. Then you have 2005 and 2006 for the door itself. To align the lights no gaskets should be needed until you put the covers on, then it's 2024. If you are going that far you might as well do the 1003, headliner first. Of course while you are at it 2001, 2004 and 2002 to seal the windows again. While your wallet is trying to catch it's breath you can start thinking about the interior or the light gaskets. Again I don't know where you are starting from. Is the glass in it? What all was removed before painting?

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parts

I completely stripped the car down, so as of now it is nothing but metal. I am going to be replacing all window seals, door seals, lenses, ect. I know it will cost a bit, but its all I can do, because when I got the car, none of that was salvagable.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
That being the case I would call Gil and Dennis. Tell them what you are looking at and ask if they will sell you a package deal of the entire setup to be able to seal the doors and windows again. Right now is the time to decide what you are doing to or for the dash. You will never get a better chance. Once it is in then do your headliner and sidewall vinyl. After these are done is a good time to do the seals and gaskets. If you put them in now you will just be taking them back out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts