Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Opeler
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody know the dimensions of the driveshaft thrustspring for a 4 speed Opel GT.

Mine is missing and I'm trying to replace it with a normal spring, but I need to know the length, diameter and thickness of the wire.

·
UngerDog
1,304 Posts
The spring that I have out of the rear of the transmission measures 2 3/4" (70 mm) long by 1 1/8" (30mm) wide (OD). The spring wire is about 2 mm.

It's probably not an item where you need to spend a lot of time trying to find a substitute for. I would think someone would have one they would be willing to part with for a minimal amount. But, if you find a substitute somewhere, post it.

Jerry

·
Registered
355 Posts
ok reviving an old thread here but i need a thrust spring as well.

my torque tube is broken but i dont have the time to replace it, so i just need the spring to keep my drive shaft from moving forward on me.

does anyone have one they will sell?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Trey, I have 2 transmissions down in the storage building. One has a yoke in it and I think it might have a spring, I'll check this weekend.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Trey, I do have a spring and you can have it. Unfortunately I can't get it out of the transmission. It came out part way but won't go any further. I have twisted and pulled to the point where it's going to damage the spring if I try any harder. So, here is the deal. Come get it and you can have the whole transmission. It's perfect, it's the one that came out of my car. and I'll also throw in another one that I "think" is good, but I honestly don't know anything about it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey i dont know if you got my voice-mail Ron, but my dad bought a spring that i think we are going to try and use first before i try and get yours.

however, he just guestimated and has no real idea what the dimensions of a correct thrustspring is.

Does anyone have a thrust spring they can take pics of and post them, as well as tell me the dimensions, tention (strength of it), etc.?

Thanks! :cool:

·
tomking
2,479 Posts
I didnt take pictures of the spring but here are the dimensions. ID is 1.00, OD is 1.20 and it is 6 coils long. I forgot to measure the length but guess it is 4 inches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts