Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
299 Posts
well i think the two carb wont fit under the hood so i was gonna cut a hole in the hood and modify a hilborn style dual carb scoop from jegs and have that feeding the carbs id be pretty

·
Oldpiler
216 Posts
DFO, DFA, DFI, etc. all variations on the same carb. It's a great unit. I had a 40 DFI on my Manta rally car. Looks like the DFO pictured above but with a choke tower more like a DGV. With the synchronous opening it was a very responsive carb. You have to port the stock Opel intake manifold to use it but they work great on a mild to wild engine. A pair of them on that dual intake pictured above would be awesome!

·
Opeler
3 Posts
GTJIM said:
A quite different carby set up has showed up on EBAY- DE
in Germany: #2450367182 Opel Record Sprint Weber DFO
Doppelvergasser:
I have a Set of DFO's presently on ebay, It was from searching for info on them that I have just found the site, they were apparently originally fitted to the Opel Rekord series C sprint and the Kadette B rally (UK)

·
Opeler
35 Posts
I wasn't sure where to post this.... but, I was lookin around for carb options, as I was planning on doing a 2.4 Legere build up on a motor I had laying around. Would one of these DCNF's be a good choice? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR...33550QQitemZ7993285646QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I understand I'd need better Throttlebodies, and a completely custom intake manifold. But I dont want to go the Sidedraft route and it seems a 38DGES might be a little ill equiped for the job. shoot back some feedback, figured if I could pick up two for less than what Redline wants for one, I could rebuild both and have a spare or sell the extra one.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
2.4 single 2-barrel options . . .

Stan Arza said:
I wasn't sure where to post this.... but, I was lookin around for carb options, as I was planning on doing a 2.4 Legere build up on a motor I had laying around. Would one of these DCNF's be a good choice? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR...33550QQitemZ7993285646QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I understand I'd need better Throttlebodies, and a completely custom intake manifold. But I dont want to go the Sidedraft route and it seems a 38DGES might be a little ill equiped for the job. shoot back some feedback, figured if I could pick up two for less than what Redline wants for one, I could rebuild both and have a spare or sell the extra one.
DCNFs have different mounting footprint than commonly used Weber replacements, 32/36DGxV, 38DGxS and 40DFxV. Biggest problem with DCNF carbs is that they're MUCH rarer than the other Weber downdrafts more commonly used as replacements. Now that all Weber/Dell'Orto carb production has ceased, it's much better to standardize on one of the higher volume production downdrafts . . . much easier to find tuning/rebuild parts when needed!

What head are you using with your Legere 2.4, 'raised intake ports' 2.2 or 2.4 head? If not and still going the single synchronous downdraft route, I'd recommend a 40DFxV on a '74 intake modified to Bob's specs as your best 'max flow' alternative. Ask Charles if he sold his 40 DFEV from his Manta . . . I can't remember, to be honest! Plenty of posts on this site about Bob's stock intake mods, too.

Have you thought at all about an SSD for your 2.4? This is the absolute best flowing single 2-barrel carb solution of all . . . short, very direct flow path to valves and best mixture distribution outside of port FI or DSD (twin sidedrafts).

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I just took a DCNF off an Opel. It's not suitable for the linkage unless you get really out there, you'll be looking at a pretty different choke arrangement as well. Then you have what is just like a DGAS with the two ports opening at once. Then you have to fix the bolt pattern issue. After that you would need to find a way to tune it and get parts. I found a rebuild kit but that was about it. Choke tubes and jets are a beast to get too. Have fun

·
GT Owner
394 Posts
Solex dual downdraft carbs and manifold

CB548800-EFF1-44F5-B86A-87C9BF8E199F.jpg

Just saw this on Austin Craigslist.

The dual downdraft manifold has been purchased. Appears it was for a 1.1 Liter Opel engine.
Common ?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts