·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So are you guys all dug out yet?

·
Administrator
10,257 Posts
The infamous rain/snow line moved inland here in S.E. Mass during the last storm and it was mostly rain (only 3-4 inches of snow). The one last weekend missed us entirely.

I live ~ 15 miles from the ocean and the Gulf stream has a huge effect on our weather. We usually get caught with a storm that follows the Gulf Stream then turns into a Nor'easter when it hooks around Cape Cod and pulls in the moisture from the Atlantic.

I can empathize with y'all that got hit with the snow.

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here in Western PA, we didn't get as much as Eastern PA and NJ, but we had snow on the ground beforehand and we keep getting light lake effect snow (it adds up over days). We received about 20" or so on the first round, and about 10 or so the second round, plus another several inches in lake snow. And now I hear you guys out near Philly and NJ are perhaps getting round 3?? There's a Mercedes under that hump of snow - I doubt I'll see it until Spring!

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
392 Posts
What is that white stuff all over your nice cars. Snow? I've heard of that stuff. If we had it in Tucson it would get in the way of our 70 degree days down here like it is today.

I don't miss the stuff.

Miss you guys on the east coast.

Mike

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
What is that white stuff all over your nice cars. Snow? I've heard of that stuff. If we had it in Tucson it would get in the way of our 70 degree days down here like it is today.

I don't miss the stuff.

Miss you guys on the east coast.

Mike
One reason we moved from Phoenix, besides the heat, is the weather is BORING. Every day is the same as the one before. Man, you've got to have seasons. Fall leaves and a little snow are healthy for the psyche :)

·
New/Old Owner 1973 GT
860 Posts
One reason we moved from Phoenix, besides the heat, is the weather is BORING. Every day is the same as the one before. Man, you've got to have seasons. Fall leaves and a little snow are healthy for the psyche :)
I did the same thing at 18. I moved from Tucson to Albany Oregon. I loved Oregon, but there were few jobs in 1981.

Years later I moved to Las Vegas in 1989. That lasted until 2000 when I moved to Virginia. I love VA, but not this month!

Jim :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts