Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon. I have several E Brake handles available, I am attaching a picture with the quantities available. The cost post paid is $30. The price of the exotic woods is unbelievable. If you would like one (or more), please do a PM to me with your full name and address, I will answer with my email address for Paypal payments. If you don't have Paypal, the U.S. mail will work, but it will take a little longer. I have Walnut wood that I am going to turn and make the E brake handles, but only enough wood for two.

I have two more kinds of wood that I turned for the E Brake handles, Bloodwood and Osage Orange and I may have a source for tulip wood, I have to go online to order them, hope they are not too expensive. they are posted on #36 of this thread.
For all the other Opel owners, these fit all models of Opels, so if you have thought of getting one, but didn't know if it would fit, it will. Cocobolo goes well in a stock setup. If you have wood on the inside of you Manta, Ascona etc. let me know what it is, chances are good that I will have something to match your color
Thanks, Bob

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
1,434 Posts
Yes, I would like to Order Two of your custom made E-brake Handles,
I have Walnut and Cherry are in my GT's,
So but maybe
the Tulip is close to the Cherry
one walnut
one Tulip or Cherry
What about the finger grooves, that would be nice too :veryhappy
I'll send you a P/M,
Thanks for doing this. Do you test fit them onto the handle first? Are they the stock length?
I would hate to have it crack on me,,just saying,
What kind of Cement with Epoxy ??? Nice work Look Great!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I would like to Order Two of your custom made E-brake Handles,
I have Walnut and Cherry are in my GT's,
So but maybe
the Tulip is close to the Cherry
one walnut
one Tulip or Cherry
What about the finger grooves, that would be nice too :veryhappy
I'll send you a P/M,
Thanks for doing this. Do you test fit them onto the handle first? , I would hate to have it crack on me,,just saying,
What kind of Cement with Epoxy ??? Nice work Look Great!
All were fitted on my GT brake handle. I would recommend a couple drops of epoxy glue on the brake handle then slip the handle on. It make take a turn to get it to fit right. I would recommend putting the E brake handle on before gluing permanently. The Tulip wood would probably come close to the cherry. I think I have a piece of cherry, may just turn a couple if there is any interest. I tried the finger grooves, nightmare!

Bob

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I know you intended these for GTs, but, in order to possibly help your sales, will they fit the Manta, Asconas, and Kadetts too?
Gene, do the Mantas, Aconas, amd Kadetts have the same parking brake as the GT? The handles for the gt are 22 mm through the "hole" for the handle. I don't have any of those cars, so I don't have a way to check on them.

Thanks,

Bob

Gene: my shop manual says they are the same, is there a way you can let me know the size of the handle (22mm) and the length is four inches. Good idea to open it up to all the Opel owners. Thanks,

Bob

·
9,642 Posts
Gene, do the Mantas, Aconas, amd Kadetts have the same parking brake as the GT? The handles for the gt are 22 mm through the "hole" for the handle. I don't have any of those cars, so I don't have a way to check on them.

Thanks,

Bob

Gene: my shop manual says they are the same, is there a way you can let me know the size of the handle (22mm) and the length is four inches. Good idea to open it up to all the Opel owners. Thanks,

Bob
Bob
If someone else don't jump on it, I'll get out and measure my Ascona Wagon, which is the same as a Manta, but, someone with a Kadett needs to verify that aspect.

·
What's a Nopel?
340 Posts
Hi Bob,
Thanks for doing these. I think the ones that looks closest to my knob & wheel are the Cocobolo or the Tulip.

I think the Cocobolo is the one for me. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again
Marc

·
Senior Contributor
1,434 Posts
They look great. Does anyone have a solution for sticky e-brake release buttons? e.g. adding a stronger stronger spring etc?
I've tried to take one apart to get it Powder coated ..for me it's too much work, PITA drilling Rivets,Springs, Reassembly,, parts etc. and if you scratch it up N/G
..for me there are so many e-brake handles out there, Tons ..nice one's too,,..if mine didn't work properly ..My Advice..
I probably,rather replace ,,then repair , relative a inexpensive part used, Find a Good Used One :veryhappy ..JMHO

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They look great. Does anyone have a solution for sticky e-brake release buttons? e.g. adding a stronger stronger spring etc?
Try spraying some PB Blaster in the spot where the ring around the button is. That should go down into the area of the spring and loosen it up some so it works as normal. Was you GT store in a high humidity area? If the answer is yes, that's probably it. If you don't know for sure, it is still probably it.

Bob

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you own a Manta, Asconas, or Kadett could you take a moment to measure the E Brake lever? I have been making the handles with a 22mm hole in the middle and they are four inches from top to bottom. I didn't want to stick my neck out until I was sure they would fit all the Opels. My shop manual says they will fit, but wanted to know for sure from an owner.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you own a Manta, Asconas, or Kadett could you take a moment to measure the E Brake lever? I have been making the handles with a 22mm hole in the middle and they are four inches from top to bottom. I didn't want to stick my neck out until I was sure they would fit all the Opels. My shop manual says they will fit, but wanted to know for sure from an owner.

Thanks,
Bob
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bob
If someone else don't jump on it, I'll get out and measure my Ascona Wagon, which is the same as a Manta, but, someone with a Kadett needs to verify that aspect.
Gene, I guess I am depending on you for the measurements ob the E Brake handle. If the are four inches long and 22 mm drilled out, then they will fit any Opel. I guarantee that they will fit, because each one is fitted on my GT before it gets mailed. Now all I need to know is the size for the other Opels.

Thanks for your help and the suggestion about having them for the other vehicles that are also opels.

Bob

·
9,642 Posts
Gene, I guess I am depending on you for the measurements ob the E Brake handle. If the are four inches long and 22 mm drilled out, then they will fit any Opel. I guarantee that they will fit, because each one is fitted on my GT before it gets mailed. Now all I need to know is the size for the other Opels.

Thanks for your help and the suggestion about having them for the other vehicles that are also opels.

Bob
Bob
Sorry for the delay, just went and measured my Wagon, which is an Ascona, the same as a Manta, but, you are correct it's 22mm in diameter, now my Wagon has its original plastic handle and it's a little shorter than 4 inches, but, he plastic handle does not cover the whole area. Your handles at 4 inches will work on it, covering the whole ebrake handle, now you need someone with a Kadett to verify a Kadett

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bob
Sorry for the delay, just went and measured my Wagon, which is an Ascona, the same as a Manta, but, you are correct it's 22mm in diameter, now my Wagon has its original plastic handle and it's a little shorter than 4 inches, but, he plastic handle does not cover the whole area. Your handles at 4 inches will work on it, covering the whole ebrake handle, now you need someone with a Kadett to verify a Kadett
Thanks Gene, I appreciate your confirmation on the handles. So I guess all the the other Opel owners can get a handle that will fit.

Thanks again Gene.

Bob

1 - 20 of 79 Posts