Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m going to throw all the cool data and links I find as I go down the rabbit hole of searching the German internet for info on the Kadett B.
I’m actually searching for paint codes for my car, but I’ll share the wealth of other info I find as well.
Most of the info will be pasted from the Opel Kadett B and Olympia A Forum in Germany.

It will be translated with google translate so take the wordings with a grain of salt.

Reactions: exOberfeldwebel

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Chassis numbers for the Kadett. I’m not going through to edit the errors in these from google translate. The combination trolley is my favorite error lol.

To chassis number: 1234067
Cadet B - Type 31 - LZ - Sedan two-door
Cadet B - Type 32 - SZ - Coupe
Cadet B - Type 34 - KD - Combination trolley three-door
Cadet B - Type 36 - LV - Sedan four-door
Cadet B - Type 37 - LVL - Luxury sedan four-door
Cadet B - Type 38 - LZL - Luxury sedan two-door
Cadet B - Type 39 - KDL - Luxury combination car three-door
From chassis number: 1234068
Cadet B - Type 31 - LZ - Sedan two-door
Cadet B - Type 32 - SZL - Luxury Coupe
Cadet B - Type 33 - KF - Combination car five-door
Cadet B - Type 34 - KD - Combination trolley three-door
Cadet B - Type 35 - KFL - Luxury combination car five-door
Cadet B - Type 36 - LV - Sedan four-door
Cadet B - Type 37 - LVL - Luxury sedan four-door
Cadet B - Type 38 - LZL - Luxury sedan two-door
Cadet B - Type 39 - KDL - Luxury combination car three-door
Cadet B - Type 91 - LZLS - Sedan two-door luxury super
Cadet B - Type 92 - SZLS - Coupe Luxury Super
Cadet B - Type 92 - LZLS - Rally Coupe Luxury Super
Cadet B - Type 96 - LVLS - Sedan four-door luxury super

Edit:
Here’s a better list with all classic Opel model numbers

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A list of what may be all Opel paint colors for all models after 1957

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A source for Kadett B body panels.
The spare tire repair panel for the trunk is here.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
You could at least have done a <find><replace all> on the C-a-d-e-t word.

Dieter

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could at least have done a on the C-a-d-e-t word.

Dieter
My 2017 iPhone is lucky to complete a copy and paste. Find and replace would take ages. I leave my computers at work during the week usually.

• Haha
Reactions: terrylewisac

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used this website for all my rubber hard to get parts for my Kadett. Also, attached is the paint info I have for Opel. I like the point in the document that depending on where your car was made (Germany or Belgium) determined if it got Acrylic or not. ;)

Post-it note Product Rectangle Font Wall

Font Book Paper Number Publication

Font Book Publication Paper Paper product

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Jackpot! I found a diagram of the Opel kadett (1967) radio mount under the dash.

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting. I found a coil over kit for the GT and Kadett B. I would like to see more info on this. I wouldn’t use it personally as the “shock towers” are not at all designed for that kind of loading on a Kadett or GT.

A more useful item is this nice leaf spring lowering block for GT and Kadett

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Super Moderator
14,289 Posts
A more useful item is this nice leaf spring lowering block for GT and Kadett

The lowering block method for the GT /Kadett front end was popular about 25-30 years ago. It was very simple, and very cheap.

The trouble was, it made the front end bind about 3 times more than stock. Really destroyed leaf spring and lower control arm bushings fast.

I hadn’t seen any on the market in almost 20 years, until you showed this.

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The lowering block method for the GT /Kadett front end was popular about 25-30 years ago. It was very simple, and very cheap.

The trouble was, it made the front end bind about 3 times more than stock. Really destroyed leaf spring and lower control arm bushings fast.

I hadn’t seen any on the market in almost 20 years, until you showed this.

There’s always this method by someone you know.

Reactions: soybean

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a translation of a Kadett year by year changes document I found. (Modellpflege)

The basis for the information is the model year, which always begins and ends in August.
The year of construction does not have to be the same.
Two examples:
a vehicle is from the 1967 model year , but it could well be from 1966 . Conversely, a vehicle may have been built in model year 1971 , but the letter may say 1972 as the first registration .
The Kadett B / Olympia A also had slow-moving goods! For the identification features of the respective model years, only the conspicuous or difficult to change should be mentioned here,
because many vehicles are difficult to "tinker" and so an exact identification is difficult for the layman.

Model year 1966:
Chrome interior mirror, silver cover on the steering wheel hub. With the "L" a reversing light in the
middle under the rear bumper, the basic model without reversing light or only as an
option. Dashboard only padded on top.

Model year 1967:
Black interior mirror with silver base. Two
reversing lights left and right under the rear bumper for all models. Padded dashboard above and below.

Model year 1968:
Large taillights, shiny black three-spoke steering wheel, dashboard almost completely upholstered, same interior mirror as before. Coil spring rear axle with Panhard rod instead of leaf spring axle with longitudinal guide. Ventilation inlets in the front below the radiator grille.

Model year 1969:
Matt black steering wheel, new interior mirror, seat back adjustment with wheel instead of lever.

Model year 1970:
Dashboard completely black (previously black / silver). No more lettering on the fender.
Square, plugged clothes hooks instead of screwed ones in a round shape.

Model year 1971:
New lettering on the rear, rotary opener for glove compartment.

Model year 1972:
Black grill, L-equipment with wood-veneered instrument panel, black wiper arms.

Model year 1973:
Plastic door sills, black cover on windshield washer nozzle.

It should be noted that "transition models" occur again and again:
For example, very early 72 models with silver wiper arms or 68 with 67 shift levers and much more. In cases of doubt, it is usually the younger model year, as remaining stocks have been processed here. In a few individual cases, however, parts were installed “prematurely”, so to speak.
There were also changes that did not coincide with the change of model year. For example the dual-circuit brake system from 02/1967, the changed headliner from 12/1965 (the earliest modification to the Kadett B) or the screwed instead of welded fenders from 06/1968.
There are certainly many more features and modifications of the individual types or model years. The list therefore does not claim to be complete.
Our former member Rainer Becker wrote down the content in handwriting.
Transferred from handwritten to “electronic” by Sabrina Gruber.
Thank you both for your help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts