Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mantas in Scottsdale !

Six Opelers meet for an outdoor lunch at the 50s built, but updated Hotel Valley Ho.
I believe we set two records today :
1 The most Opelers in one place in Scottsdale, at least in recent history.
2 A Scottsdale meet where Mantas outnumbered GTs !
And Mantas came from Wisconsin and Berlin to do it.
A good time was had by all !

A title for last pic could be "It's my Manta and I'll smile if I want to, smile if I want to,
you would smile to if it belonged to you " ( Lots of 'Oldies' played during lunch.)

Attachments

·
Opel Addicts
2,454 Posts
What a great time!

This was such a bonus to a trip in the sunshine, even if it was for business. My thanks to Roy and Craig for organizing our little suare'. It was so great to meet new friends and see old friends, including "Olivia", our old Manta! (I knew she went to the right home when Mel bought it) and I got to see probably the hottest Manta west of the Mississippi and Roy even brought presents! (Do I sound like a kid in a candy store or what!)

Again, many thanks to Craig, Roy, Doug, Mel and Irfan for such a good time!

Allen Gage :cool:

·
Administrator
9,966 Posts
This was such a bonus to a trip in the sunshine, even if it was for business. My thanks to Roy and Craig for organizing our little suare'. It was so great to meet new friends and see old friends, including "Olivia", our old Manta! (I knew she went to the right home when Mel bought it) and I got to see probably the hottest Manta west of the Mississippi and Roy even brought presents! (Do I sound like a kid in a candy store or what!)

Again, many thanks to Craig, Roy, Doug, Mel and Irfan for such a good time!

And you got to wear shorts!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It was great to see you Allen ... glad you got to defrost.
MY flight back to NY was cancelled so my brother and I joined Roy for another get together in Carefree...I'm now scheduled to get back to NY Tuesday, Unless???

·
Opel Addicts
2,454 Posts
Oh - that' such a shame

I'm sure that you were heartbroken that you had to miss -30 windchills. I know I didn't even make it to the garage yesterday or today. Too cold!

A play on the "Dos Equis" guy (the most famous man in the world)

"Stay Warm, My Friend!"

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
More Arizona get togethers

I flew in to Phoenix Tuesday nite and Roy had me (and Gerri) at a car show on Saturday... The Good Guys show in Scottsdale.
Next Saturday morning, it's back to Carefree. I have a few more repairs to do to get the Targa fully reliable but I will be getting to a couple of the Arizona events before I head back East. I need the particulars for the Friday afternoon get together in Mesa from Mel.
Roy w/be posting pics from Good guys soon I'm sure.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Back To Carefree AZ

While my Nor Cal friends were on their Fun Run thru Gold Country last weekend I made a short Fun Run of my own to a local car show in nearby Carefree.
As usual there were some of the usual ; the ambulance from Los Gatos CA, the red Willys , and some I had not seen ( or maybe forgotten ! ). Take a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
More from Scottsdale

It Rained last night and this morning, very rare in June here. Some puddles.
My daughter went with me and was a little surprised by the attention the GT received.
An attendant lifted the rope to section marked European Exotics, and people took pics as we drove in, an even more as we left.... Darn Paparazzi !
Here are a few I took. For you French Car Fans here is a '72 SM like new, in and out.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ZoomsJustFine on Easy Street

It rained a little last night but slracer and I went to Carefree early today.
The evidence will show that we were in good company.
We saw cars from at least 4 states including Alaska, a Hellcat, several more
including a nice '47 Cadillac. Pics of some attached

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My First Car Show-Off 2016

The rain is nothing but a few puddles this morning, so left home about daylight headed to Carefree. Stopped at my daughters on the way and was led up the front drive by a coyote.
He went around the house and down the back drive , stopped in next lot just long enough for one portrait.
Continued towards Carefree, stopped to take pic of 6 balloons. I often see 2-4 from home, this is most I've seen locally. There were 7 visible but one was far to left.
Solar panels are at a school, soccer practice here this morning.
Not many cars showed today (50* at sunrise) but nice crowd. One guy with a 3 series
BMW said he also had a round taillight 2002. He is from Guatemala and told me Opels
were common in Central and South America. He had an Opel wagon, maybe others.
Hellcat, this is what 707 hp looks like. I have been a passenger in two of these, WOW
Will post more later.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
More Carefree Cars

Here's a Nova with original straight 6, paint and vinyl roof.
R8 is a V10.
Flat black, light weight, big motor.
Similar roadster with shine and bling, car was here but this pic from last summer.
GT home and dry after puddle mud wash-off
Tomorrow, some pics from slracer's and my ride to Phil's at Fountain Hills

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Car Show at Fountain Hills 1 10 2015

slracer and I spent time at a 'new' to us show Sunday afternoon.
No Opels this time but will try to change that next time.
65 miles round trip on mostly rural scenic desert road. Snow visible.
includes his & hers Mustangs, and round taillight 2002, note plate.
another his & hers, she drove the GT3.
Opels will fit in well here !

Attachments

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,404 Posts
I've been to the Fountain Hills gathering a few times with the Manta. Let me know when you plan on going again, and I'll see if I can make it up there to join you.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Back in Town

I'm back in Phx. and plan on going w/Roy to the Penske show this weekend.
Also, I was wondering when Allen was planning on coming back to Phx. on business.
I hope to get the Targa back soon and will be able to take an Opel to the various shows.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Cars & Coffee at Penske Museum, Scottsdale AZ

Saturday Jan 16 Craig and his brother picked me up early, we all went to a new (to us)
event. We were not disappointed. Several high-end dealers in a row and across the street.
Quite a variety of vehicles came and went while we were there.
Here are pics of a few less common, or that I like for whatever reason.
The Ferrari Four ( 3 passengers + driver ) is really a 2+2 according to some reviews.
2 Morgan 3 wheelers showed... Definitely only two people in these !

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
More at Penske Cars & Coffee

Mel, I meant to reply earlier. We will be back to Fountain Hills and to Penske also,
with an Opel or two, or more, next time. We should all keep in contact.
The Cars & Coffee at Penske Museum is free, 3rd Sat of each month, 8-10 a.m.
Scottsdale Motorsports at Gainey Village is 1st Sat of month, free, fills up early.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 74 Posts