Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
15,046 Posts
I just checked out the Ebay listing on these front pipes. They list two different pipes, one for the 1.9, the other for 2.0/2.2 applications. However, in the photos, both listings clearly show the larger 2.0 flange. Anyone bidding on these pipes should verify that the 1.9 listing uses the smaller flange to fit the 1.9's manifold, (both standard and Sprint types).

Bob

· Super Moderator
15,046 Posts
Good question. I used to import 'early' 2.0 FI manifolds, which were exactly identical to the 1.9 Sprint/FI manifolds with the exception of the flange bolt pattern.

But at some later date.....when I don't know, they changed the design altogether. Probably to allow fitment to other chassis. But I know these 'later' manifolds have an altogether different flange location and angle, so they don't match our US-Opel's headpipes. I don't know much about them otherwise, having little experience with them.

· Super Moderator
15,046 Posts
Agreed. If he gained 19 hp, chances are he originally lost 17hp or so due to the mice living in his stock exhaust......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.