Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
That must be the price...(surely!);)

I like the comment about the rust and the cobweb.
"The part is not rusted but somehow this 4 sided cobweb is there."

I thought spiders made cobwebs, not rust...:D

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Cob Webs

I thought cob webs were made by cobs???? Sort of like the Naugahyde that comes from the Nauga. Those poor defenseless Naugas that gave their lives just so we could have seat covers and such...tsk tsk tsk.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It probably dates me but when I was a kid I had a nauga. They were a promotional item put out by the makers of naugahyde. Cute little horned creature about a foot tall.

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
i didn't think anyone rememberd naugas. i used to raise them commercially back in the '70's while everyone else was raising chinchillas.

damned cute little creatures...but i sure didn't like that stupid horn. they used to sneak up on me while i was sleeping and...well, use your imagination.

thanks for reminding me of the good old days.

mike

·
Registered
275 Posts
couldn't figure out how to open the trunk.
That's a good one. A girl asked me about my Opel that I had in college. Wanted to know where the seat belts were for that little backseat. What I wondered was, would she actually ride back there and did she really think she'd fit? In all honesty, there was no way she was going to fit in many backseats much less that deck.

Don't forget the herds of polyesters that gave their lives to Sears along with the clutches of seersuckers. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.