Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if is possible to load a x14xe firmware to a x16xel ecu on an opel astra g 1400 2000 model.

What happened is this:
Some years ago a garage destroyed my ecu by putting the battery with wrong polarity.
They did not tell me anything. They found a x16xel ecu and put it on my car that is a 1400cc Opel Astra G sport 2000 model.

I know i must somehow erase the ecu so people in Opel can reprogramm it. I know i need the ecu and immo pin. How can i find those without carprog? I have only a tech2 RS232 interface.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Why can't the Opel garage you're using erase it before they reprogram it, one would assume that if they can load the proper configuration they can erase the old one ?

The correct ECU's sell for 50 £ on Ebay, why would you even want to reprogram your current one ?

I have a feeling I know the answer ......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you think that i want to do it my self YESSSS! you are right!
I want to get into ecu programming but not just buy a programmer and follow instructions, i want to understand how think works! I want to play a little with my car.
I could just leave it as it is but i prefer to get it in original state. Also i want to reduse consumption, and many other things i have in mind.

I am a hardware and software developer but i know very little about OBD2 protocols.
If i am right my car is not OBD2 but KWP2000 so any KWP2000 flasher could do the job.

Just want to learn about ECU and then fix my abs pump (cold joint) :yup: .

Thank you

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
I am a hardware and software developer but i know very little about OBD2 protocols.
I'm working on some of my junk so I thought that this might help.

The tool uses a micro-usb cable yuck
So I had to configure it for a more solid cat 5(crossover) cable.
172.16.16.1 host
172.16.16.2 tooler
subnet 255.255.255

Also and this might be a interest to you.
I added a splitter OBD2 cable.

You can find software bus tools over at Drew Technologies :.
J2534-1 bus analysis ver. 1.07 has worked well for me.

I think that I have a backup copy of the earlier API's..1.06..somewhere..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i ordered a carprog full set and now just waiting...
First i must find ecu login code!

Thank you all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts