Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to run a new wire to the Weber electric choke. Any suggestions as to where I can run the wire from since it needs to be on when the switch is turned on? I’m not too sure I had it wired properly before. Just checking...

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
I need to run a new wire to the Weber electric choke. Any suggestions as to where I can run the wire from since it needs to be on when the switch is turned on? I’m not too sure I had it wired properly before. Just checking...
Wire it to the horn power wire:)

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
No I’m serious. The horn power is live anytime the key is on. It’s the ground that makes the horn honk. When I made my wiring harness I used the horn wire for the choke.

3rd fuse from the driver side kick panel is also a good spot.

Reactions: Ooooner

·
Super Moderator
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I’m serious. The horn power is live anytime the key is on. It’s the ground that makes the horn honk. When I made my wiring harness I used the horn wire for the choke.

My apologies to Knorm65! I thought it was a joke but after thinking about it and seeing John’s post, I stand corrected. Checked the schematic and y’all are 100% correct.

But it would be funny to wire up the brake light switch to the horn. Every time they pressed the brake peddle, the horn would blow! :lmao:

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
My apologies to Knorm65! I thought it was a joke but after thinking about it and seeing John’s post, I stand corrected. Checked the schematic and y’all are 100% correct.

But it would be funny to wire up the brake light switch to the horn. Every time they pressed the brake peddle, the horn would blow! :lmao:
No worries!
If would be even more funny to wire the horn up to the light bulb on a timing light:p

Reactions: soybean
4,231 Posts
Correct Kyler

Okay from there the wire stuck through grommet from the wash water hose,then further behind the head matt at the fire wall in direction to the carb.
Also Udo advise the 3rd fuse for the Weber!Look here and scoll down for pictures.

https://www.splendidparts.de/weber-spezial

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
Roy
My GT electric choke takes it's power from the backside of the Horn. As a matter of fact the 75 Ascona I had took power for the Pertronix from that same place.
Standard factory connection for the 1973 Opel GT, which came with an electric choke, is via the horn circuit. I powered my 38 DGES electric choke the same way, and also powered the idle solenoid (ICO) from the same wire

1 - 10 of 10 Posts