Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys getting the emblems to stay on?? OGTS tells me they no longer make the grommets for our emblems, and is almost to impossible to get ones out of another car without breaking them

Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a good idea...I just tried some silicon, put it over the pins, pressed into place, then put a glob on the back after they were in.

Another question..my OPEL had holes in the back for "OPEL", and I know it needs GT below it. Are the GT emblems the same as the GT on the sides of 69 and 70 models, since I have these? And can someone measure the Gap between OPEL and the GT..then I can drill the holes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Here's a pic of my GT emblems stuck loosely in the holes with a ruler behind them. I've got some work to do on them yet, to make them pretty. But this will give you in idea. HTH.

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That helps out, I believe the GT I have is the same...now could you do the same thing with one of the OPEL letter above, so I can see the clearance between these two.

Thanks.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
The O P E L goes just above the crease line in the rear panel and the G T a slightly greater distance below that same crease line. Here is a pic to help:

Attachments

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
bozkm said:
...my OPEL had holes in the back for "OPEL", and I know it needs GT below it. Are the GT emblems the same as the GT on the sides of 69 and 70 models, since I have these? And can someone measure the Gap between OPEL and the GT..then I can drill the holes.
I don't know whether you're striving for originality or not, but...

1969 and early '70 models do not have "G-T" below "O-P-E-L". They have an emblem that reads "1900" (unless your car is a 1.1L, in which case, it has nothing below -- with no mounting holes ever having been drilled).

HTH.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Sorry, I misread your post. I'll try and tape the letters in place, I have them all out for the restoration and engine swap, and take another pic of the whole thing with the ruler, I presume you would want it vertically this time. If you can wait until tomorrow, I'll get it done with the sun out, or at least in the daylight.

Ron

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks....today, tomorrow, etc is fine. I probably won't get back to it till this weekend.

Mine is a 71, so it should have the GT below OPEL..I don't know if the PO plugged the holes...but I felt around in back, and didn't feel any putty, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts