Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i found two old emblems in a old old old old truck tool box.. and well i've been asking around what kind of car did they come off of? well i think one of them is from a 50 something chevy.. and some one said the other one looked like it cam off a Opel Kapitaen.. can any one here give me a correct answer on what these emblems came off of? thank you..

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
those both look chevy to me billy. the "ringed' type one has a chevy logo, maybe its even a acrylic piece that goes into the center, but that is surely a 50's chevy piece, and the hood ornament could have been off from just about anything, but i'd guess its from the same car as the first piece, if the old truck was a chevy, i'd bet they belong to that very truck.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
we have a 56 belair that has an identical hood ornamanet to it in the box of parts, so its hard to say if it belongs to the car really or not, but does match that hood ornament, its surely 50's era chevy stuff.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i no it didnt belong to the truck the truck was a 1961 ford f-100 which the symbol is kinda like the opels.. but with one more "kink" to the lighting bolt thing.. and has a circle around it but with little squares coming out all around the circle.. but im sorry if this isnt opel related.. i got all excited when someone told me it might be an opel Kapitaen.. kinda like this 51... cant see it that well though..

Attachments

·
352 Posts
1954 Chevy

1954 Chevy car hood ... both pieces, same hood.
-Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts