Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fuel injection

What is the best fuel injection set up for a 2.4 that is going to be put in a gt. i am wanting a motor that puts out 200+ hp.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone here know of an excellent egine builder for opels? I want a 2.4l fi motor complete plug and play that puts out 200+ hp

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
your best bet would probably be to talk to Gil at OGTS.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
once again, probably wanna talk to GIl about those items.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Might I suggest Bob Dennard? AKA, T.G.S.I.

He's the guy to speak to regarding a fuel injected Opel that's still driveable for the street. You're gonna want to steer clear of standard Opel FI, aftermarket programmable is the way to go to make 200 hp.

·
Super Moderator
5,923 Posts
RallyBob, does Roger Wilson (of Roger's Opel Engineering, for those of you who haven't had the tremendous pleasure of meeting him) happen to have any expertise in EFI? Even if not, I was going to suggest Roger as someone who was very capable of preparing such an engine, albeit with a carb. Roger can be reached at (562) 860-6550 (in Artesia California) where he is renowned for building the "Fastest Opels in the West". OK, it's his own slogan, but from what I saw last summer at the OMC Picnic in Huntington Beach CA, it's probably true.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
While Roger is quite capable of building an engine, he's not well-versed at fuel injection, particularly the requirements of a programmable system. This requires the knowledge of wiring the system, plumbing the FI lines, sizing the fuel pump and injectors, and then sorting the EFI via laptop PC tuning. As Roger does not even own a computer, I felt that Bob Dennard is the best bet, as he is a dealer of programmable EFI and has experience tuning these systems, as well as years of experience tuning and racing Opels specifically.

This is no way a 'slam' on Roger, he's a good friend of mine in fact and we speak several times per week, and I'm sure he'd admit his lack of computer experience!
The other factor is Roger has a full workload right now, so delivery-time would likely be next year at best.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the suggestions, How do I get ahold of Mr. Dennard?
do you think it is possible to get a 200 hp 2.4 fi for $5000-$6000.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bob Dennard is TGSI racing here in SoCal, I believe he has a link on this site.

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts