Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have complete Opel Calibra, and I'm planning to do some modifications on my other car, on Kadett C. First of all, I'm planning to put C20NE or maybe C20XE engine, and I'm interested is it possible to do something like that?

Thanks for the answers!

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Transplanting a 20NE engine is relatively easy....manly because Opel did it in the first place with the Kadett C GT/E. You'll need to run fuel returns to your tank, modify your rad mount, pick up some power to run your ECU set up, but basically it's not difficult.

As for running an XE, well plenty of people have done it in Europe but you'll have more hurdles to cross and more parts to buy before you can even start installing it.

Either way, the Kad C is a great car and any power upgrade will work wonders :D

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
Transplanting a 20NE engine is relatively easy....manly because Opel did it in the first place with the Kadett C GT/E. You'll need to run fuel returns to your tank, modify your rad mount, pick up some power to run your ECU set up, but basically it's not difficult.

As for running an XE, well plenty of people have done it in Europe but you'll have more hurdles to cross and more parts to buy before you can even start installing it.

Either way, the Kad C is a great car and any power upgrade will work wonders :D
Mark,

watch out, the C20NE (OHC) is the 8-valve version of the C20XE (DOHC). What you were thinking is the regular 2.0E engine (CIH) in the Kadett GT/E.
The C20NE/XE fits perfectly in the Kadett C, you can even put a C20LET (turbocharged) in it. See my pics on page two of this thread. What you need to make it work is a Getrag 240 gear box from a Manta B 1.8 or Rekord E 1.8.

Dieter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the answers, I'll try.

I've got one more question, on my calibra I have 4x4 drive, it seems that 4x4 was inserted before I bought car. (I know that only 2.0 with turbocharger had 4x4 transmission - or maybe I'm wrong?)

Can I put 4x4 transmission on Kadett C, is it possible, what I need to do with differential... ?!?

Thx...

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
Thank you guys for the answers, I'll try.

I've got one more question, on my calibra I have 4x4 drive, it seems that 4x4 was inserted before I bought car. (I know that only 2.0 with turbocharger had 4x4 transmission - or maybe I'm wrong?)

Can I put 4x4 transmission on Kadett C, is it possible, what I need to do with differential... ?!?

Thx...
The turbocharged Calibra had 4x4 standard, you could get it as an option for the 16V engines, but only in certain sales areas.
Remember, the engine is transverse mounted in the Calibra, and longitudinal in the Kadett. All you would normally use from the Calibra is the pure engine, nothing else. See my above post for the gear box. To have 4x4 in the Kadett, it would mean to build a whole complete new car... not that it couldn't be done...:eek:

Dieter

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think it's possible, but it's not that easy. Would have to make some changes the authorities(cartman) probably wouldn't like. Also can't seem to figure out a way to get space for the differential, think it probably best to do it cosworth style with it mounted to the side of the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts