Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a suitable engine mount replacement that will just bolt on for a gt? I was looking for more of a rigid mount than stock or just a cheaper alternative would be a good compromise.

·
Super Moderator
13,483 Posts
Has anyone found a suitable engine mount replacement that will just bolt on for a gt? I was looking for more of a rigid mount than stock or just a cheaper alternative would be a good compromise.
Jordan, I have some cheap ones, send me your address again in a PM.

Bob

·
Living in the past
2,288 Posts
GT motor mounts

My cure for broken motor mounts is two aluminum blocks threaded on both ends with a stud in one end. Two pieces of conveyor belt (one on top one on bottom) on each mount. Been using the same ones for 30 years, no problems.

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My cure for broken motor mounts is two aluminum blocks threaded on both ends with a stud in one end. Two pieces of conveyor belt (one on top one on bottom) on each mount. Been using the same ones for 30 years, no problems.
Big time vibrations?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Also around conveyer equipment is what they call "bin flashing". It comes as a roll of rubber about an inch thick and ten inches wide. Its a little spongier (sp?) than belting, and has no fiber reinforcement. Cuts nice with a hole saw into donuts. I always have pieces of it around for little projects like yours... In fact there are donuts made of it on my car, they go between the frame and engine cradle crossmember. I used them to mount the bumper on my Speedwagon, too. Slick!

·
UngerDog
1,288 Posts
I called OGTS this week to order some parts. They were out of the OEM motor mounts, but I was offered an alternative mount for less than 1/2 of the cost of a OEM part. They also weigh about 1/2 of the originals too. You will only need to cut a notch in the metal base of the mount for them to fit on the engine cradle post.

new motor mount.jpg

·
Opeler
3,687 Posts
The R.H. engine mount will go brittle and eventually break as it is exposed to the heat from the exhaust pipe. Simple heat shield made of aluminum scrap will resolve this issue. The picture shows 4 in 1 header but situation is the same with a standard exhaust.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts