Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Kevin - I looked at the ATE catalog and did not see any M/C kits listed. I wonder if regulations in Europe prevent rebuilding them?
You can order a rebuild kit for an 105 Series Alfa Romeo Spider in the UK and since regulations on stuff like this tends to be fairly uniform across the EU/EEC I doubt it's prohibited

BR011/1 BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR KIT 20mm ATE - Classic Alfa

That equals 30 dollars more or less, a new MC for the same car is 80 dollars and rebuilt ones probably somewhere in the middle and most brands have a very good exchange program for these things so perhaps there isn't enough demand for certain models to make them available for general sale ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
need your help

Kevin,

before you do that, think about an Opel 3.0-24V from Germany. 204HP, straight-six, and this motor will last forever. It is a straight swap with your current engine, and takes less gas. You will still have an Opel engine. I'll be happy to assist you with getting one from Germany.

Dieter
hi, i am wondering how much it would cost for the engine? i would love to have one.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,426 Posts
Just got confirmation that #491 is still alive and well as is the owner..

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
The factory tachometer can be retained with any pre-07 V8 OBD2 GM swap. The tach resolution (tach output) can be adjusted infinitely to an acceptable range of accuracy. I have done quite a few LS series engine swaps over the last few years and have built 30-40 harnesses on the side. If you need any help with wiring or pcm tuning, please let me know. I am happy to help!

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey GS20,
Have about 8,500 miles on the Bitter :banana:. Now off the road for winter.
Will be pulling dash apart to have speedo fixed, the stepper motor has issues w/ finding zero. Then I will be putting in a VDO tach that is the same as the speedo.
I also have to pull the steering column apart to fix/replace the ignition switch.
Always something to do. Very happy with the way it turned out.
This was the second harness that I have done, it can be a challenge, but just takes a little attention to detail.
Kevin

·
Administrator
9,988 Posts
Hey GS20,
Will be pulling dash apart to have speedo fixed, the stepper motor has issues w/ finding zero. Then I will be putting in a VDO tach that is the same as the speedo.
I also have to pull the steering column apart to fix/replace the ignition switch.
Always something to do. Very happy with the way it turned out.
This was the second harness that I have done, it can be a challenge, but just takes a little attention to detail.
Kevin
Let me know if you need a new switch Kevin.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,426 Posts
I know you said you custom built the front suspension to fit the motor in..

Did you ever look at a GTO swap..? Just curious.. I can get a complete salvaged GTO (everything but motor and trans ) for less than $2000. Thinking Guages, BCM, ECM the whole shooting match.. maybe even the antilock brakes and traction control..

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Hey GS20,
Will be pulling dash apart to have speedo fixed, the stepper motor has issues w/ finding zero....
Kevin
LOL
Just had a unit that couldn’t find "Home"...the speedo needle just went around the world.

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If I were to do this again, I would use a newer V6 from a Camaro. Would probably be less of a problem w/ steering.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts