Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all,

I am new to this forum and new to the GT scene. I had a string of Opel Mantas in high school and I may be getting a GT here in the next few days. My question is this. Are there any of you that have done or know of a late model engine swapped into the GT? I am not looking for a drag car or a trailer queen. I am interested in maybe a 4 cyl turbo, or possible a 60 degree V6.
I have done a V8 swap into a Datsun Z car(www.hybridz.org) that turned out pretty awesome. It was just over 450 HP and it would realy fly!. Is there any place/catalog that I can buy restoration parts? I have relatives all over Europe and I am sure I can get them to send me parts but I am way to impatient for that. I would much wrather get them here in the states.

Myron

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Myron;
There are a couple on here that are doing the GM V6 swap as we speak. One is doing a ford swap, and I think one or two have done a rotary swap. But, as to having relatives in Europe, you could finance your resto/build-up by helping funnel parts back here tha others might want. LOL ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!.

I did the V8Z without the help of a forum and it was pretty trying at times. I quess next step will to be closing the deal on the GT. After that I will talk to my dad to see if he can have his brothers send some catalogs over here so I can start importing some parts!

Myron

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Myron,

You'll find several suppliers through these forums. One of the most mentioned is Opel GT Source as www.opelgtsource.com.

ebay is another place to look.

Good luck with your swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I gotta get this car and make some room in my garage. Currently I have a BIG "ANIMAL" in there. It is a tube chassis rock crawler/mud buggy thing with a big block and 44" tires. I am building it for a friend and it is getting close to moving under its own power and as soon as it does my second V8 Z car will go in there along with the GT.

Myron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts