Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine swaps

Okay, I know I offend the purists, but....
Has any one done a engine swap with a Nissan S14 Silvia SR20DE? This is a Japanese RWD engine that the RiceBoys are importing to the US to put in the 240 SX. It is a 2 liter turbo, putting out over 200HP. They claim engine and tranny weigh 550# together.
Now I'm not ready to jump into a project like this. I was just curious if anyone had some knowledge about this engine. It seems like it would be a good alternitive to some of the engine choices I've heard being used. They seem to be going for around $1800 complete with all wiring, turbo, CPU and tranny.
What do ya'll think?
Bestus,
James

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
Great engine, it would be one of the few I'd recommend for an Opel swap. However, it's a very tall engine so it's a tight fit, and with the intercooler in front, space is at a premium. You will also need a much larger cooling system. Rear axle must be changed, it will not take the power and torque.
Again, GREAT engine, a friend of mine got his dynoed at 409 hp to the FRONT wheels of his Sentra....with dead-stock internals, cast pistons and all. Go to SER.net for more info on these babys.....

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts