Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Opel 4 life
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I've been thinking.
but have not quite come to terms with myself when it comes to this with engine compartment air flow.

I grew up with Ascona B, you with GT, and you have it even tighter than me in the engine compartment. But we all need fresh cold air to the carbs.

How does air flows in the engine compartment?
Especially when one builds a huge skid plate under the vehicle.

My experience is that the nose of the car is lifted when a passing 190km / h and makes the car somewhat nervous at high speeds.

Is there a good way to fix all these problems?
getting cold air in to the carbs and the heat out and still have some good aerodynamic of the car at high speed.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
TBM, I found that the Moore fiberglass front spoiler for the GT does a great job at funneling air into the front for cooling purpose, and it helps with the front lift at 100 mph. They can be found on ebay for about 140.00 plus 30.00 shipping, I believe they come from Cali. These were made in the 70's by the Moore fiberglass co., for Opel, it's about as close to a NOS part for the GT you can get and not be one.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,153 Posts
TBM, I found that the Moore fiberglass front spoiler for the GT ...They can be found on ebay for about 140.00 plus 30.00 shipping, I believe they come from Cali. These were made in the 70's by the Moore fiberglass co., for Opel, it's about as close to a NOS part for the GT you can get and not be one.
There was a 'More Opel' performance company in CA years ago.

Harold

P.S. Opelspyder has made and sold similar copies of the spoiler mentioned above just without the 'More' logo molded into it.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
PM Keith, I think he does. The Moore spoiler just bolts on, so you will have to drill some holes, I used flat washers, nuts & bolts, to spread the clamping force, it fits perfect to the bottom lip.

·
Can Opeler
3,208 Posts
TBM, I found that the Moore fiberglass front spoiler for the GT does a great job at funneling air into the front for cooling purpose, and it helps with the front lift at 100 mph. They can be found on ebay for about 140.00 plus 30.00 shipping, I believe they come from Cali. These were made in the 70's by the Moore fiberglass co., for Opel, it's about as close to a NOS part for the GT you can get and not be one.
That stripe is gorgeous! Is that one of your GTs?

·
Can Opeler
3,208 Posts
Ya, that's the problem with these cars, you're never done messing with them. That was 2 yrs. ago, before I had to repair the rear deck under the back window, then she evolved into this.
No kidding! Everytime I get everything working well I start thinking what else can I modify haha!
Usually my mod Ideas involve stripes...
I'm going to paint a stripe on my rear diff, I want a stripe across the top of my front window, a stripe on the tray above the windshield wiper motor, maybe some in the interior... lol
I like those rims!
ImageUploadedByAG Free1420410718.233330.jpg
Nobody will ever want to buy my car when I'm done with it haha!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts