Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not know until I just accidentally stumbled across it, that there is a european eBay. While searching for info on a Minichamps GT model, I found a listing advertising one on eBay that I had not seen on there moments before. After clicking on the link I decided to do a general "Opel GT" search and found quite a few Opels and Opel parts listed there that are not under the normal eBay. I did see a very nice GT Convertible job that I thought I would share. The link will also allow you to view some nice parts as well (a little knowledge of German will help) I particularly liked the item title "Blinkerglas" :)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=4552681644&rd=1

·
www.opelgtworld.de
275 Posts
Naturally we have also Ebay in Europe :rolleyes:

German Ebay

I will help you, if there should be language problems :)

Norbert

PS: What is funny about the word "Blinkerglas" (Turn signal glass) ?

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
I often surf the German and UK eBay sites. Here are a couple of my favourite searches:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/ws/search/...r=2&sosortproperty=2&sotextsearched=2&from=R9

http://search.ebay.de/ws/search/Sal...GT"&sorecordsperpage=50&sosortorder=2&from=R9

So far I haven't bought anything from either, although I have bid on several items. The Brits are good in that they speak the Queen's English (well, for what they pass as English :D ), are quite cooperative when I ask them to ship to the Canadian side of the British Empire, and they often take PayPal. But the shipping options seem to be a bit expensive. I was quoted 75 Pounds (I don't seem to have the proper symbol on my keyboard) to mail (Royal Post) a pair of Lotus Esprit rotors, which just happens to be the same as the '75 Ascona "big brake" rotors. To add $200 CAD to the price of the rotors was a bit dear! And I was going to bid on a 2.4 crank, but the vendor said that the shipping was too difficult to even contemplate. OK, maybe SOME of the Brits are cooperative :(

As for the Germans, many speak English, and have WAY more neat Opel stuff for sale. But no PayPal in Germany (although a few have set up U.S. accounts) and shipping seems to be even more troublesome. I have found that the Internet Translators work, but only barely.

It is interesting that shipping from Germany and England is such a problem, but from South East Asia is relatively easy. I have bought several items off eBay (including a set of NOS OEM rear brake drums) from a fellow in Singapore. He sent it via "Sea Post", which was quite reasonably priced. Both drums, and a set of NOS Ascona ball joints, cost $36 USD to ship. Took two months, but what the hey, I'm a patient guy!

HTH

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Keith. Although I got a good price for that model I had been looking for, the shipping from across the pond was $40. There were some nice Opels on that eBay though. I just found out my radiator is shot, so am having that rebuilt. At least is will now be a 3 core, so will be good to go when I get my a/c installed.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
slick7272 said:
on that car what is with the markers on the rear panel on the bottom? and what kind of exhaust does that thing have those are some large pipes
Not markers...1 rear fog light and 1 reversing light.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
kwilford said:
I often surf the German and UK eBay sites. Here are a couple of my favourite searches:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/ws/search/...r=2&sosortproperty=2&sotextsearched=2&from=R9

http://search.ebay.de/ws/search/Sal...GT"&sorecordsperpage=50&sosortorder=2&from=R9

So far I haven't bought anything from either, although I have bid on several items. The Brits are good in that they speak the Queen's English (well, for what they pass as English ), are quite cooperative when I ask them to ship to the Canadian side of the British Empire, and they often take PayPal. But the shipping options seem to be a bit expensive. I was quoted 75 Pounds (I don't seem to have the proper symbol on my keyboard) to mail (Royal Post) a pair of Lotus Esprit rotors, which just happens to be the same as the '75 Ascona "big brake" rotors. To add $200 CAD to the price of the rotors was a bit dear! And I was going to bid on a 2.4 crank, but the vendor said that the shipping was too difficult to even contemplate. OK, maybe SOME of the Brits are cooperative . . .

As for the Germans, many speak English, and have WAY more neat Opel stuff for sale. But no PayPal in Germany (although a few have set up U.S. accounts) and shipping seems to be even more troublesome. I have found that the Internet Translators work, but only barely.

It is interesting that shipping from Germany and England is such a problem, but from South East Asia is relatively easy. I have bought several items off eBay (including a set of NOS OEM rear brake drums) from a fellow in Singapore. He sent it via "Sea Post", which was quite reasonably priced. Both drums, and a set of NOS Ascona ball joints, cost $36 USD to ship. Took two months, but what the hey, I'm a patient guy!

HTH
OK, here it is: £ ! Just copy and paste from charmap.exe Windows utility (Start/Programs/Accessories/Systems Tools/Character Map)!

Hmmm, my "Internet" translator doesn't give ME any problems! :rolleyes:

No wonder noone here's ever seen one of your cars in the flesh!
:p

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
£££.....

On my system {alt156} gives me the £ symbol...
I'm using Win 98.
I assume there is a list somewhere that tells you all these little nuggets..... :confused:

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
all these folks wanting £ signs on there PC it brings a tear to the corner of my eye :D

if anyone wants anything sent to the states i am happy to help
shipping costs are a horror but
up to 10Kg is £40
up to 25Kg is £60
up to 70Kg is £140
what it costs on the day depends on the american e ride the $ is running @ at the moment it £0.55p /$1 or $1.81/ £1 (sorry i have to stop and have a laugh when i say that)
this is for a 3-5 day post
btw keith its the "royal mail" from the "post office" and if you want to double those costs thats where to go

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Rionart said:
On my system {alt156} gives me the £ symbol...
I'm using Win 98.
I assume there is a list somewhere that tells you all these little nuggets..... :confused:
Yep, so there is. My smart (and bilingual) daughters know all the tricks to insert French accents and special symbols. For the list, open up MS Word, and then "Insert" and "Symbol". A table pops up, and shows a bunch of symbols and such. Just click on whatever symbol you want (and the choices are almost endless), and it will tell you what short cut key "Alt + numeric code" to press for each symbol. Some don't seem to work in IE, but you can cut and paste from Word. Too cool...

My list (WinXP Pro and MS Word 2002) shows the following:
£ is alt 0163 (but alt 156 also works)
€ is alt 0128
¥ is alt 0165

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
baz said:
if anyone wants anything sent to the states i am happy to help
btw keith its the "royal mail" from the "post office" and if you want to double those costs thats where to go
Careful of what you offer. I contemplated seeing if you could help out getting the 2.4 crank (it was one of those 4-counterweight versus the 8-counterweight Frontera cranks), but I decided I had enough unfinished Opel projects.

So what is the best way to tell UK eBay vendors to ship?

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
i shipped a 2.2 crank a few months ago and it was close to the 25Kg limit
but i am happy to do it
i have a new pal that picks up for DHL(he is hear so offtern to get things ) (TELL THEM TO USE www.parcel2go.com/ for shipping ,its dhl but half the price )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.