Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
The Young One
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My exhaust is super simple. No mufflers, 2” pipe and long tube headers to the factory resonator. It’s plenty quiet when cruising, it nice and noisy at full throttle.
I can still hear my stereo just fine and they are just 2 little 6” speakers in the rear.
Do you think a glass pack would sound like your car? I have heard your car on YouTube and I really like the sound.

·
Can Opeler
3,690 Posts
Do you think a glass pack would sound like your car? I have heard your car on YouTube and I really like the sound.
No it won’t. The glass pack has a much different tone.

To get the sound of my car the stock resonator is a must. Unfortunately they are over $100 at OGTS. Just go with the glass packs for now. In the future you can try other ideas:)

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
The Young One
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No it won’t. The glass pack has a much different tone.

To get the sound of my car the stock resonator is a must. Unfortunately they are over $100 at OGTS. Just go with the glass packs for now. In the future you can try other ideas:)
I saw that they were pretty expensive.

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
Did the header come with, or do you have, a companion flange that must be welded to the downstream exhaust pipe? The header outlet bolts to that, with the gasket in between.

·
Registered
The Young One
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Did the header come with, or do you have, a companion flange that must be welded to the downstream exhaust pipe? The header outlet bolts to that, with the gasket in between.
The header looks like this. I have no idea if it came with that part.
Bicycle part Nickel Composite material Auto part Metal

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sam,
If that is all that is coming and you are going to a 2" exhaust then you will need the other parts Keith has asked about

·
Super Moderator
14,163 Posts
One thing to make sure of with older unknown headers for Opels, is that the mounting flange thickness is correct. A lot of those older ones on the market were badly made.

The header flange thickness that is adjacent to the intake manifold MUST be close to the same thickness of the intake manifold (which is 12 mm thick, or .472”). If it’s not within +/- .025” of this thickness, you will have eternal issues with exhaust leaks, blown out intake gaskets, or intake (vacuum leaks).

A lot of those older headers were made from 1/4” or 5/16” steel with half washers welded on, but they were often still off by 1/8”!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think this is it at ogts
but I did not see the joining flange listed ( doesn't mean they don't have one)
Nor the bolts but you may ask Gil
You might even take it to a muffler shop and see if they can match one up for you if ogts can't help you

21 - 33 of 33 Posts