Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was an experiment..i cant believe we put video on this site!

Do you realize what we could with this site?

we could have video repairs...problems....sounds...

i made the video on a sony cybershot camera...i set the camera to email resolution..then i put it on my desktop..then uploaded like
a photo..took all of 10 min...with a 5 min break

click on my thumbnail..are there other videos on this site?

thanks gary!

Attachments

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
black specks

what are these black spots and what might it mean?

specks dont smell like gas...

has an exhaust odor.

i did put lucas upper cylinder lubricant in the car a few tanks of gas ago...

car runs great

Attachments

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exhaust

i found the twin exhausts on ebay....nothing special...
you need to listen to my exhaust... there is one free flow muffler and a 12 in glass pack..both sound clips ,one is w/o glass pack

1)go to members photos

2)do a search on "bucky"

3) my exhaust sounds are in three clips

4) you cant click on it in this section of opel gt .com

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
billard13

follow these three steps..enjoy

Attachments

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
billard13

you may need to click on my gallery to find my exhaust

Attachments

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
let me know

let me know if you cant find it..it takes a while to find the resources and index of this site

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
billard 13

i found this clip..14.75 each new

Attachments

· Administrator
10,473 Posts
Re: let me know

bucky said:
let me know if you cant find it..it takes a while to find the resources and index of this site
Just go to the Photo Gallery and scroll down to the Recent Photos. If you can get past Baz's optical illusion, you will see Bucky's sound files.

I had to disable the recent photos section on the main page for now. The long titles of Bucky's files were stretching out the main page. It will be back once a few more photos are added.

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gary ..advise

gary and all:
how do you want the video of the rebuild and (possibly rejet)
of ther weber done?

I guess it could be done in steps under the current guidelines of each clip being 400 kb or less..then i could space it out in topics of 10-20 clips..i dont know yet how much it will take..all i can say ..is we have a real master to help us out...he runs cars out at the Scca in kc..we are going to learn some cool stuff.

I am availible to receive questions on what eveybody wants answered..

I am quite surprised this mechanic (craig vaughn)will help us...
I am fascinated every time i go to his shop,...for instance...

he has a mg that he just put ROVER V-8 IN..THE OWNER has over$30,000 in it..

ever time i am in his shop he has these cool TR-6's,jaguars and healeys he is working on...he has worked on my opel a time or two when i got stuck..he likes the opel and is not afraid to work on it...he says the way the doors cut into the roof "are way cool''..he likes the gt although he has only seen 1 other.

I found him thru a business connection..A guy in the mg club referred him to me.

advise if there is anything i need to know before i get started...

this is a new venture for me too.

· boomerang opeler
5,667 Posts
bucky
those black spots will be water
you get a little steam in the exaust from the fuel and it collects in the pipes and comes out as water drops the black is just carbon nixed with it " taint no big fin-g"

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
water in the gas

thanks baz,

seemed a little excessive to me.i guess its condensation from the unfull gas tank ....we have had high humidity here lately.

I have been driving it quite a bit lately too ..so i felt like i would have blown it all out by now.

how do i know the water isnt coming from the coolant?

· Super Moderator
15,457 Posts
The water/condensation will be there every time you start the car. It generally takes from 8-11 minutes to evaporate all the water in the exhaust system. Short trips to the grocery store are really bad for your exhaust, and can cause it to rust out very quickly. Opels in particular seem to produce a lot of moisture, although my WRX has always dripped carbon-blackened water out the exhaust for the first 5-10 minutes when starting from cold, and that car has 3 catalytic converters to really heat things up.

Unless you smell a 'sweet' anti-freeze smell from the exhaust, I wouldn't worry about a coolant leak.

· Administrator
10,473 Posts
Re: gary ..advise

bucky said:
gary and all:
how do you want the video of the rebuild and (possibly rejet)
of ther weber done?
Take the video and we can work from there. I have a program called "Snagit" that can capture frames from video so we can make an article of the rebuild and have the video available for those who would would like to see it in action.

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great

rallybob:thank you

gary:"screenhuter4.0 free" will do the job too.it is what i have been using in all my posts on this site....in fact it will capture anything
on your screen..even windows media player screen captures BUT to capture video is different...to make a screen capture with screenhunter 4.0 from (video)windows media player
you will have to disable the hardware accelerator in the video card and then do your screencapture...i think snagit is the same way..if you dont disable the video card accelerator..your screen captures will be black. we will work through this when the time comes.took me 2 weeks to figure that out.

i think we will start video this tuesday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.