Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
10,039 Posts
The latest release of the forum program contains a new feature. You can now have a direct connection to your Facebook account by clicking on the Facebook Connect link at the top of the page. Additional integration with Facebook will be coming in future upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
It might just be my set up (WinXP Pro/IE8), but EVERY time I go to a new page on this site I get a dialogue box that pops up asking:

"The current webpage is trying to open a site in your Trusted site list. Do you want to allow this?
Current site: http://www.facebook.com
Trusted site: http://www.opelgt.com"

This is VERY annoying! How do I make it stop? I can't seem to see a security setting that I can change to allow the link.

Is any one else having this problem?

Gary, can we just make this go away? I DON'T want my facebook page to connect to OpelGT.com. I see the connections in my profile, but I DON'T see a way to stop this annoying pop up dialogue box. Did I mention that this is annoying :(

·
Administrator
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like that message is from your anti-virus program or some security setting in I.E.

To disconnect go to "Settings" (the old UserCP) Then, in the left column, click on "Edit Connections" link. That will bring up the Facebook Connect page and the disconnect button is at the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
That all works, except I don't see a "disconnect" button on the "facebook connect" page. There is only one button that says "Connect with Facebook", and it is at the top.

Any other way to make this facebook stuff stop?

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
There is only one button that says "Connect with Facebook", and it is at the top.

Any other way to make this facebook stuff stop?
Stupid me, I'm trying to get it to "Start". I've finally given in and signed up only to not be able to 'log in'. I can't get a confirmation email to come through. :banghead:

Harold

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes Harold, you are a stoop....go to FaceBook click on home, then your profile

Your home page is already set up

I sent a avatar pic you can use till you figure this simple thing out....:nana:

SteveGT

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
Yes Harold, you are a stoop....go to FaceBook click on home, then your profile

Your home page is already set up

I sent a avatar pic you can use till you figure this simple thing out....:nana:

SteveGT
And WHO do you think set it up? I can't comment on anything and YOU KNOW that is KILLING me! :p

I have to have a code that they send in a confirmation email, dufus to be able to do anything.

Harold

·
Opel Enthusiast
18 Posts
Any luck yet Harold? I found you on FB before and even sent you a friend request. For some reason I can't find you at all now...
As far as the confirmation link, have you checked your junk folder in your email? just a shot in the dark here.
Hope things go well for you and hope to see you again soon.

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
Any luck yet Harold? I found you on FB before and even sent you a friend request. For some reason I can't find you at all now...
No luck. I deactivated my account.
As far as the confirmation link, have you checked your junk folder in your email? just a shot in the dark here.
Checked my "Junk" folder and even checked my email on-line that my ISP has stopped. Found out they have kept me from becoming a "millionaire" several times over and that I'll never be able to satisfy my wife or girlfriend. No comments from the "peanut gallery" and you KNOW who you are. :moon:

Harold

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
No luck. I deactivated my account.
Checked my "Junk" folder and even checked my email on-line that my ISP has stopped. Found out they have kept me from becoming a "millionaire" several times over and that I'll never be able to satisfy my wife or girlfriend. No comments from the "peanut gallery" and you KNOW who you are. :moon:

Harold
You did? I'm still getting your FB page this morning. :yup:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1306055949&ref=name#!/profile.php?id=100000988760838

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
Screen capture.

Harold.
Here is a current screen capture of it. I tested it before to make sure it's still working.
Better contact FB and ask what the deal it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
Harold.
Here is a current screen capture of it. I tested it before to make sure it's still working.
Better contact FB and ask what the deal it.
Don't know how to do a screen capture.

In order to continue using Facebook, you must confirm your email address. Enter the code you received in your confirmation email:
Email:
Code:

Don't see the confirmation email? Resend to [email protected].
Don't have access to [email protected]? Change your contact email.
Harold

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
Don't know how to do a screen capture.

Harold
I was only showing you that your page still exists. Now we just have to see why you can't see the email to confirm you account.

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
Might be a known bug.....

Harold. From FB's know bug list and what to do about it:

I am not receiving the email to reset my password.
Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
1.Check your email application's spam or junk folder or filter.
2.Please note that some emails may be blocked by your ISP (internet service provider).
3.If you're still having trouble after the above steps, please submit a report here.
http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=13726

1 - 20 of 24 Posts