Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2005 Fall AutoFair in Charlotte, NC is now in the books and was a great success. The Carolina Opel Club was the "host" club and we were actually able to gain new members who did not know we existed! Although the Carolina Opel Club hosted the show, anyone, from anywhere, is more than welcome to attend each time.
Six trophies were given to very deserving Opels and their owners. The "Best In Show" award went to Brian Quick with his great looking orange GT. The "1st Place Stock" award went to John May and his very nice looking red GT. The "1st Place Modified" went to a new couple who attended their first AutoFair with their great looking GT, Floyd & Laurie Schwartz. The "2nd Place Stock" trophy went to Helmut Guehr with his completely stock red Manta. The "2nd Place Modified" went to Jarrell "Soybean" Young with his nice brown GT. And the "Peoples Choice" award went to Mike Preble for his red Manta Rallye.
Others who attended were Andrea and Achim Vinson with his silver Opel Omega from Wake Forest, NC and Roy Bell, with my red 73 GT. Achim has told us he has a Bitter, which he said he would bring in the Spring, to the 2006 Spring AutoFair.
Pictures have been uploaded to the Carolina Opel Club Photo section of this web site so please take a minute to check out the winners!
We had all met at a mall nearby the racetrack, where the AutoFair was held, early Saturday morning. Then we all caravanned over to the racetrack and needless to say, there were a few heads turning. It's not too often you see that many Opels coming down the road at once!
The Spring 2006 AutoFair will be held April 6th thru the 9th, 2006. The "Show Day" for the car clubs will be Saturday, April 8th. So mark your calendars and plan to attend.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Yes, we all had a good time. However we were placed across from a group called "The Yellow Mustang Registry" Take a guess what color they were?
YELLOW Talk about blinding your eyes. :eek: LOL. Jarrell

·
Opel Key Master
5,263 Posts
Fall Auto Fair

Okay, I have some complaints about this show....

Every time I go I come home from the show, I am broke(from finding all the great deals at the show), tired(from walking the miles and miles of vendors there), and sunburnt(again from walking and the Yellow Mustang Registery that continues to blind us in the sun).
I guess that is what makes it so enjoyable though!!!

That said, the Carolina Opel Club really has a good thing going here, just needs more Opel participation like all shows, but what a great turnout and weather.

Keith

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Congrats to you all! I hate that I missed it. Roy seems to think of everything and works hard to make it all run smooth.
I missed because I attended the NOPI nationals here in Atlanta. I brought home 2nd place in overall special intrest. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts