Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife agreed to take the 75 Ascona Sportwagon on our Thanksgiving trip to East Texas (eight hour round trip). Everything went well (with the Opel anyway)
The kids were another story.
One rear facing carseat and one forward facing fit in the back seat just fine. Just have to give up a little leg room in the front. Since it's an automatic, it wasn't bad though. I wouldn't like shifting in that position though.
On the way back we ended up putting one car seat in the front so we could tend to the little guy in the back who did not enjoy the trip AT ALL. I actually rode in the back some while my wife drove.
Definitely need to get the windows tinted.
Got a little warm in there on Saturday coming home so I just turned on the A/C. Ahhhhhhh.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,750 Posts
George;
Despite the bad mood of the kids, I bet you couldn't wipe the grin off your face with a die grinder :D Driving an Opel is the only way to go!!! ;) My kids like riding in the "blue" car, as they call it. In fact, every chance they get, they want to go! :p

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everey time Wyatt (2 year old) would doze off, when he woke up the fist thing out of his mouth was "Daddy Car" before he even opened his eyes.
I'm still grinning. Needless to say it now has 67,000 miles on it now. Well, that's what cars are for. On the way back we rolled 66666.6 miles. :eek:

·
Registered
149 Posts
We got 8" of snow Wednesday. Opels don't like that, but kids do. Had a hard time keeping them inside.

My kids call my Opel GT "Daddy's Race Car." They don't know it'd be a slow race. It just looks fast. They love riding in it.

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Watch those Seats!!!

Hey George - Nice to see my old ride getting put to good use as a family car!! And I'm REAL glad you didn't drill holes in that pristine roof for the rack! (Like Gene does!!! :rolleyes: ) I would be careful with the car seats in the back. The vinyl is 30 year old factory material and may rip very easily. You might consider putting a towel or sumthin under the car seat. Since the front seats were reupholstered...they should have no problem. Anyway...lookin' good!!! Glad everyone is enjoying it so much. -SD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts