Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
"It is difficult to think outside the box if you don't know what's in the box."

Before retiring, we had every vice president telling us how to run our section. The problem was, their field of expertise had nothing to do with ours. They had more stripes on their sleeve so you had to do it their way, only to find it didn't work, just like we said when it was presented. You would think we were in the Army or something, but it was a private company. Oh well, glad I was able to retire and get out of the corporate rat race.

Bob

·
Opeler
1,431 Posts
"It is difficult to think outside the box if you don't know what's in the box."

Before retiring, we had every vice president telling us how to run our section. The problem was, their field of expertise had nothing to do with ours. They had more stripes on their sleeve so you had to do it their way, only to find it didn't work, just like we said when it was presented. You would think we were in the Army or something, but it was a private company. Oh well, glad I was able to retire and get out of the corporate rat race.

Bob
One that we used to use on bosses like that was

"There Is Never Enough Time To Do It Right The First Time, But There Is Always
Enough Time To Do It Over Again".

·
Über Genius
9,023 Posts
"Sometimes you're the windshield. Sometimes you're the bug."

"I like how you challenge the notion that there's no such thing as a stupid question"

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
You can't polish a turd.:no:

·
Pedal Smasher
2,152 Posts
Modified quote for forum humor...

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for fame or fortune, I can tell you that you won't find any. But I do have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave my forum now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will ban you."

·
Can Opeler
3,341 Posts
"You're the only one that you are scr*w*ng
When you put down what you don't understand." -Kris Kristofferson (If You Don't Like Hank Williams)

Reactions: soybean

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,496 Posts
A lusty cocktail waitress once told me:

"Sex is like snow, you never know how many inches you'll get or how long it will last."

In regards to dating women, a friend of mine once said:

"We're all looking for a custom fit in an off-the-rack world."

In regards to torquing bolts, I came up with this sage advice:

"Tighten'er till she strips, then back'er off half a turn."

:veryhappy

·
Opelitis afflicted
530 Posts
A quote I heard recently attributed to Benny Hill (A British comedian from the 70s. Not sure how well known he is in the US)
It's a million to one chance there will be a bomb on you plane and it's a million times a million to one chance there are two bombs on your plane so take a bomb with you when you fly.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts