Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
1,874 Posts
A lusty cocktail waitress once told me:

"Sex is like snow, you never know how many inches you'll get or how long it will last."

In regards to dating women, a friend of mine once said:

"We're all looking for a custom fit in an off-the-rack world."

In regards to torquing bolts, I came up with this sage advice:

"Tighten'er till she strips, then back'er off half a turn."

:veryhappy
Similar on the bolt tightening... Every bolt has the same torque spec... tighten it to half a turn before it snaps

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,456 Posts
Everything in Moderation, Including moderation - Benjamin Franklin.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,496 Posts
From the same lusty cocktail waitress in post #18:

"I'll try anything once. If I like it...(wink! wink!)....I'll do it some more!"

More wise wisdom from the Wise One(Me):

"The best thing about breaking things on your Opel, is that it gives you an excuse to buy even better cooler stuff to try to break on your Opel."

·
Über Genius
9,023 Posts
"If someone steals your ideas, take comfort in knowing someday you might read their obituary"

Me-2016

·
Über Genius
9,023 Posts
"Don't pet the sweaty things"

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,496 Posts
I was talking with a fellow older single guy at work today, lamenting our lack of spouses, the horror stories we hear from guys with spouses, divorce, etc.

He said his dad told him:

"When it's all said and done, we all end up sleeping in single beds."

·
Senior Contributor
1,535 Posts
Let's see some old favorites saying or quotes....mum yeah When the Fat Lady sings and when Pigs can fly and when snakes have arm pits and when chickens have lips...opps :veryhappy

·
Opeler
1,124 Posts
I forgot about this one, but having just watched the movie recently I was reminded of it, and I LMAO every time I hear it and I absolutely love it

"We ain't in da prisna takin bidness we in da killin Nazi bidness, and cousin, bidness iz a boomin" - Aldo Raine (aka Aldo the Apache) Inglorious Basterds

·
Registered
351 Posts
Attributed to Bartlett (author of Bartlett's Book of Famous Quotes) as his most often used quote: Can I put that in my book?

Others:

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

We need to quit asking:"How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who put people into categories and those who don't.

The two most boring things in the world: 1. Jogging, 2. Listening to a jogger talk about jogging.

And then there is Yogi, who had some classics, but my favorite: When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,456 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
4,985 Posts
Reactions: soybean
21 - 40 of 67 Posts