Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
I'll share some of my own...

"Photography enables the beholder to view the world in another frame."

"You can only change the future if you've seen it once before."

That last one can really screw with you... if you've ever been there.

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Here's one for our President :

Put your Brain in Gear.....Before you put your mouth in motion :yup:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you make it through the entire day without learning anything you just weren't paying attention

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
“In low intelligent ignorant societies, the clever are denigrated and the stupid are belauded; the brainy are stoned and the dull are held in high esteem!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
From the engineering world.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

"There is never time to do it right, but there is always time to do it over."

"There comes a time when you have to shoot the engineers and ship the product."

"I don't understand the difficulty. Just put it in the computer and let it figure it out." (my first boss said that to me about an algorithm problem)

"At Cal Berkeley they taught us that if you don't know what to do when a problem happens then call HALT" (which turns the computer into a doorstop until reset. Found a bunch of these over time in this guys code in production systems)

"It's easy, all you have to do is ......"

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
One from the 60s. Change what you can, accept what you can’t, and be damned smart enough to know the difference. There is no thing as a 'Free Lunch' Heard this from friends who were "over there" Jarrell

Reactions: dpre

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Had to take one of my employees for a meeting with the store manager, because I couldn't handle him any more. After the store manager read him the riot act, He looked the store manager directly in the eyes and said the famous quote" A man can only do what a man can only do." my employee left the manager's office and went downstairs to go back to work. The store manager and I looked at each other in dismay because we couldn't get it. Now I say it all the time, catchy little phrase that still has me baffled.

Bob

·
Registered
183 Posts
When I was camping as a kid with my dad and his friends, one of his friend's said, "You can't help yourself if you can't help yourself". I recall it being in reference to himself being overweight and eating to much--essentially meaning he can't lose weight if he can't help himself from eating too much. It's one of those quotes I've pondered from time to time over the last 25 years, and Bob's quote above reminded me of it yet again.

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
One I have always liked over the years was, "you can't help everyone, but you can help someone". President Ronald Reagan.
Dan

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
did u no dat fo pus fo eqill fo mo din u had be fo :lmao::lmao::lmao::haha:

Reactions: soybean

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
The html script to embed an image is the below info, without the spaces.

[ I M G ] *web address* [ / I M G ]

Or you can use the forum tool to do it for you. It's in the boxes above when you create a reply. From the right side, there is an insert quote function, insert video function, and then insert image function.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The html script to embed an image is the below info, without the spaces.

[ I M G ] *web address* [ / I M G ]

Or you can use the forum tool to do it for you. It's in the boxes above when you create a reply. From the right side, there is an insert quote function, insert video function, and then insert image function.
aahhh I'll have to give that a try, not really good with computers, a little old school so says my kids, come on old man get with the 21 century LOL

Thank You for the explanation

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Senior Contributor
4,977 Posts
From the engineering world.

"At Cal Berkeley they taught us that if you don't know what to do when a problem happens then call HALT".
Wasn't that from Fortran on a punch card vintage computer the size of a small house? :lmao:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts