Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time again for our mid-winter Opel gathering. We will be meeting on Saturday, February 19 at our home in Tallmadge, OH. This is usually a no car event due to the weather, but feel free to bring one if you wish.

We usually bring and swap parts, discuss projects, help solve car problems and eat. I will provide chili soup for us.

People usually arrive any time after 9:00 a.m. Please let us know if you are coming so I can make enough chili. If you need directions, please contact us.

Vickie & Allen Gage

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Wish I could come . . . of course WITH an Opel!

·
137 Posts
Count me in. Maybe we could swap some Manta parts :D Congratulations!! Let me know if you need any help picking up your Manta .. beautiful car.

I might be dropping off my GT at "Benny's" this Saturday, if so, I'll give you a shout.

Thanks!

Ken

·
587 Posts
I'll be there as usual. I'm looking forward to the first Opel gathering of the year. Some chili sounds great, but not too spicy hot for me. Especially after the news I got from my GI a few weeks ago. :(

I'll make sure Ron knows about it too. I was up visiting him last weekend. When I got there he was actually warming up the Opel in the garage.

~ Tom

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
late?

How late are you planning on having people around? I may just be passing through the area that evening, and if there's chili....

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stephen,

I emailed you, but not sure you got it... We will be here late as necessary, if we know you are coming. Allen is playing close by at a local club and we could go down there later too.

Let us know and we hope to see you.

Vickie & Allen

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
not going to make it after all

Since I've decided to turn this trip into the great upper East coast caravan, the timing and routing just won't work out to get there on Sat. I may give you guys a call and swing by on my way home the following week, however. Thanks anyway, and enjoy Allen's gig.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
GREAT wheel in your avatar

Mach1Tom said:
I'll be there as usual. I'm looking forward to the first Opel gathering of the year. Some chili sounds great, but not too spicy hot for me. Especially after the news I got from my GI a few weeks ago. :(

I'll make sure Ron knows about it too. I was up visiting him last weekend. When I got there he was actually warming up the Opel in the garage.

~ Tom
Great looking wheel in your avatar, Tom. Always wanted a set of these in 13x7 for my 2.4. Have, or know of, an extra set of them? I know they still sell them new, but they are PRICEY!

Was toying with the idea of driving up in the Kadett, A and V, but don't think that'll happen now.

·
Opeler
754 Posts
Depending on how the week goes I'd like to stop by for a bit. I was at Carlisle with my bronze Manta and Sprinfield with my gold GT, so I know I've met at least a few of the people who'll be there.

I have lots of Manta parts I picked up from Lee Johnston last summer, with the vague plan of selling for him. I've got things I can't even identify, as well as cylinder heads, crankshafts, axle shafts, grilles, steering columns, lights, AL oil pans, some FI parts, 4 speeds (10!), etc. Of course as a chronic procrastinator I haven't done much with them. Anyone have a particular need?

I need directions - I'm in Detroit. Looks like a little over 200 miles to Tallmadge, so how do I get there with "no car" ; ).

Any other Detroit area Opelers going down?

Don McLean

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Otto---that would have been great if you could have made it, but it is a bit of a haul for an 8 hour Opel event (even if my chili is pretty darn good)!

Don--It is a little over 3 hours from Detroit to here (Allen drives up for business periodically). Directions: When you get to Ohio, take the Ohio Turnpike (Route 80) east to the Route 77 exit. Go south toward Akron then follow the 76 east signs. You will go all the way through Akron. Make sure you pass the Tallmadge 532 exit (Summit Racing Equipment will be on your left at that exit). The next exit is ours---County Road 18/Mogadore Road. At the bottom of the ramp turn left. AT the light (Mogadore Road) turn right. Go to the first stop light (Howe Road) turn left. Go to Atwood drive, turn right. YOu are now in the allotment. Go to Morningview turn left, then right on Locust. We are 830 Locust Drive.

I'll PM you with phone numbers

Vickie & Allen

·
Opeler
29 Posts
Wish I had this Opel on all 4 wheels... Cabin Feever! Anyhow, do you have a regular Opel event this close by? Later in the year that is, now white stuff.
jb

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
A&V, as much as I'd like to attend I can't make it (a shame given that I'm nearly as close as Tom). Settling into a new house and trying to get the Amish lined up to build a barn/workshop is eating up all my extra time. It's a bummer looking at my Opels parked outdoors with snow on them. Tom, as usual, will have to fill me in on the activities. Be sure to take lots of pictures!
Todd K.

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nudeautomall: We meet several times a year--February for chili, then we caravan to Carlisle in May, July Opel meet here--with cars-- Opels across American here in October and last year we went to Route 66 show in ILL late Sept/early Oct.

Neuropel: Todd--wish you could make it. But, we will catch you in May for the caravan to Carlisle!

Vickie & Allen

·
587 Posts
Allen & Vickie,

I talked to Ron last week & he has to work that Sat late afternoon. So he doesn't think he can make it. I'll make sure Todd gets the "scoop" on what went on along with some pics. Hopefully he will make it to one of our local events. Depending on the weather or if any big parts are needed by anyone, I may bring the Opel.

Otto - Thanks for the comment on the wheels. I picked them up at 2002 Carlilse from a guy that had them on a model 2002 BMW. The $125 asking price for all 4 including 2 brand new tires, was cheaper than 1 new wheel would cost. Gary also picked up a nice set there last year.

Don - I hope you can make it down. It was nice hanging out at the Rt 66 event. Sounds like you have a lot of parts. Not quite sure if I really need anything to add to my parts stash. Maybe I do need to bring the truck instead of the Opel. :)

~ Tom

·
Opeler
29 Posts
I plan on showing the Lamborghini at the biger shows this year. Carlisle sounds like a goal if I can figure how to roll two cars then. She'll still have her tacky paint job, but with a little luck I should have her roadworthy. How about Hershey and Randolf, they any good yet (havn't been around these parts in a while)?

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Getting close . . . weather . . . chili?

OK, this is getting REAL close now, A & V. Got any extra chili made? What's the weather now and for weekend? Still don't know for certain, but . . . ?

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Friday:
Snow showers possible. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the upper teens
Saturday:
A few snow showers. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper
Sunday:
Snow showers at times. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Roads this morning were Horrible!

There is plenty of chili, but the weather is not looking too great for a long drive :(

Vickie & Allen

·
587 Posts
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the gathering on Saturday. :(

My Aunt in Chicago is very ill & isn't expected to make it through the weekend. My mother & I will be driving out there Friday morning.

On the bright side, Ron M will now be at the Opel gathering. Have fun & I'll give you a call Vickie when I'm coming back through Ohio.

~ Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts