Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after what i hoped would be an easy assembly of the shell i bought i finally got to drive the thing this weekend, my last test drive attempt was a block long since the rear diff was ssscreeeming like a fire truck behind me. the full list was front bushings, ball joints, shocks, caliper rebuild, rack and pinion rebuild, all steel and rubber brake lines, new fuel lines, rewired entire chassis with "new" bulbs and sockets (ground wire sockets) rear shoes, wheel cylinders & hardware, pan rod and link bushings, tires and rims, painted, glass and rubber install, dashboard repair, cluster wiring and repairs, complete interior redo. and i think that about covers it. oh yeah complete rear diff and torque tube rebuild. now i have the 2nd car (parts car) full of stuff and a room full of boxes i am going to post in the parts section if anyone needs some stuff and is close to me.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,572 Posts
Outstanding! Congratulations on bringing this car back from the grave.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Cheers,
RR

·
RunOpel
1,234 Posts
Very nice indeed :yup: Working on it is just part of the fun, but driving :drive: it is the extreme fun :yup:

·
Senior Contributor
1,515 Posts
well after what i hoped would be an easy assembly of the shell i bought i finally got to drive the thing this weekend, my last test drive attempt was a block long since the rear diff was ssscreeeming like a fire truck behind me. the full list was front bushings, ball joints, shocks, caliper rebuild, rack and pinion rebuild, all steel and rubber brake lines, new fuel lines, rewired entire chassis with "new" bulbs and sockets (ground wire sockets) rear shoes, wheel cylinders & hardware, pan rod and link bushings, tires and rims, painted, glass and rubber install, dashboard repair, cluster wiring and repairs, complete interior redo. and i think that about covers it. oh yeah complete rear diff and torque tube rebuild. now i have the 2nd car (parts car) full of stuff and a room full of boxes i am going to post in the parts section if anyone needs some stuff and is close to me.
Nice Job, You must of been happy to take that first Test Drive :veryhappy I like the Paint, with the Black Back, pretty cool :cool:..did you paint the GT yourself inside that Tent?? ... How did that Go?..... More Photo's :yup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Job, You must of been happy to take that first Test Drive :veryhappy I like the Paint, with the Black Back, pretty cool :cool:..did you paint the GT yourself inside that Tent?? ... How did that Go?..... More Photo's :yup:
yeah painted and built in that harbor freight tent.....just sprayed the inside of the tent before painting so it is sticky and the dirt sticks to the tent

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Looks like you did a great job on your car. looks great. Sounds like a lot of work to get it in the shape she's in now.

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Very nice looken car!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts