Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a pic of the wood panels and wheel i did for the GT. i did the piece int he console, the cover for the instrument cluster, and the steering wheel too. i finally have a camera that takes good enough pics worth posting the finished result of. the car is filthy from sanding but thats ok.

whatchya guys think?

Attachments

·
What's a Nopel?
352 Posts
Jared,
Looks Great to Me!
Nice Job!
Marc
:cool:

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Nice job Jared!

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Looks Great

Wow! Very Nice Job Jared!

Vickie

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
That looks very nice, good to see and hear your back on the GT.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the good positive comments guys, they're really appreciated. still got a little more to add, but dont wanna over-do it.

glad to see your still lurking dave, been wondering what happened to ya the past week or two.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
looks sweet i noticed the dice from the rear view mirror are those wood as well? wish i was that good with woodworking i wouldnt even try and attempt the sort of task, although i found a guy who restors antiuqe furniture and maybe be able to talk him into either making me or helping me make a wood dash like that. its just an overlay over the plastic one right?? well great job.

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Jared, I'm sorry but that looks like absolute crap. I don't know how else to put it...no need to beat around the bush, right?
Why don't you send me that set and try again...you might be able to turn out a NICE one if you keep practicing. ;)

Seriously, that is some very nice craftsmanship! It's easy to see you really have some time and effort in that...you should be proud that you're capable of such nice work.

Well Done!!

Todd K.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes its just a overlay of the origional dash. those dice were just a dumb thing me and a few friends in shop class did one day to kill time, and annoy mr. champion. theres a box underneatht he dash on the drivers side tot he far left........its empty right now but theres usually a CD player in there, to keep from hacking up the origional uncut dash. i should slide the CD player back in it and take a pic of that, pretty neat i think.

i really do appreciate all the comments, now i'll have to whip some similar stuff up for the manta.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Jared;
I agree with Todd, looks like crap (wink, wink, nudge nudge ;) ), when you send him your first one, you can send me the second one and keep practicing!
Seriously though it really looks great. You ought to practice on your Manta too as the Manta/Ascona share the same dash.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
greensmurf20 said:
i really do appreciate all the comments, now i'll have to whip some similar stuff up for the manta.
What would be really cool is if I could send you dimensions for a completely new modern center console. I think I will have to build (or I should say get built) one for teh Manta since the nissan stick shift goes in the wrong place. Want to add cup holders and a armrest..

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GoinManta said:
What would be really cool is if I could send you dimensions for a completely new modern center console. I think I will have to build (or I should say get built) one for teh Manta since the nissan stick shift goes in the wrong place. Want to add cup holders and a armrest..
sorry charles, work for opels only, no jap crap!!! ;)

i'm really going to have to do some goodgrain for the manta now too. thanks very much to vicki for some really nice tan interior for my manta i picked up today. had full intentions of dying black, but on the way home i just liked the color more and more and figured woodgrain would go GREAT with it.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
GoinManta said:

Naw Charles, you'll be perfectly able to do it yourself. I'm currently working on a two-part-er for the Blitz this fall sometime on fiberglass tricks and tecniques. Speaker pods, contoured kick panels, arm rests, center consoles, you'll be able to do it all. ;)

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
i usually dont like the wood look in sport cars(only in like rolls royce, etc) but you pulled it off!!! very tight!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sweet. You'll have to pencil in a trip with your tools to come do mine as well. Hey, you have a new line of work! Beautiful work!
jo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts