Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just now picked it up from the bodyshop.....all I asked was for them to throw on some new paint so that it didn't look like a JY mobile....they did a fantastic job!!!! Corvette blue (there just happened to be a Vette in the shop at the same time, so they "overmixed" the amount of paint).
I bought 2 of these cars about 6 months ago for $1100, and traded one of them for the paint and bodywork....great deal: paint and body (incl. patching rust and fixing wavy bodylines) for $550!! Here she is:

Now on to the mechanicals. It runs, but has been sitting for years. My plans are to transplant the engine with a 2L 12valve turbo 4Cyl from a Mazda 626 with a Mazda pickup 5 speed....haven't decided on the rear yet.

what thinks y'all?

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Moderator's Note: Moved to Open Discussions (GT Forum reserved for GT-specific threads)

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
looks great

this car looks very good... but if i may ask. what is that soapy stuff on the back of the car? how bad of shape was the gt you traded him?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just residue from the buffing compound that the bodyshop was using to colorsand and buff it.

The other one had a ding in the edge of the rear 'deck', and was auto, but ran....I drove it around the lot a bit. Some rust, but all there, just ugly from sitting around for years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts