Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Β·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I'm asking n00b questions, how do you reply/quote a post here? Other forms im.on have scrub for that.

No trip home from PHX yet but lotsa progress on the car. My buddy out there made the 225/70/14 tires fit but it dulid require a Sawzall🀨 the 3.1 SFI motor that's been transplanted into my car was 600CFM-way too big for the motor. He made a spacer/block off plate to convert it to 2 barrel for the new 350CFM Edelbrock. It's super responsive now, that's the vid I was tryna load. I'll get some build pics to put in the thread, at least I know how to do that here 😐

Attachments

Β·
Registered
2,894 Posts
While I'm asking n00b questions, how do you reply/quote a post here? Other forms im.on have scrub for that.

No trip home from PHX yet but lotsa progress on the car. My buddy out there made the 225/70/14 tires fit but it dulid require a Sawzall🀨 the 3.1 SFI motor that's been transplanted into my car was 600CFM-way too big for the motor. He made a spacer/block off plate to convert it to 2 barrel for the new 350CFM Edelbrock. It's super responsive now, that's the vid I was tryna load. I'll get some build pics to put in the thread, at least I know how to do that here 😐
Looks good from what you've posted.This forum is kinda strange about uploads, etc. It takes a while to get used to it. I've only been "back" for a month or so, and it is most definitely not what it was when I "left". There is a wealth of Information on here from 2002 on. You just have to search for it. Some threads are "lost", some pictures are "lost" but Gary, the site founder, couldn't do it all. So it was sold to ?. This happened when I was "gone". Most people are not online until 5PM EST or later. Weekends are good. Take care and don't forget Gil at Opel GT Source has most, if not all of Opel parts. Jarrell

'

Β·
Detritus Maximus
2,049 Posts
Well, that's one way to put a 4 barrel on a fuel injected motor..

There is a small 390 four barrel carb that Holley makes.

Β·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Met my GT for the first time this afternoon. My buddy let me use somr tools at his shop to do some little things before the 325 mile drive to SoCal tomorrow. 107 degrees today in PHX, wish me luck!😊

Attachments

Β·
Über Genius
8,766 Posts
Good luck and don't stomp on the gas pedal. That differential isn't mean't for a lot of power

Β·
Can Opeler
3,188 Posts
Good luck and don't stomp on the gas pedal. That differential isn't mean't for a lot of power
I can’t tell if that’s the original diff. The pumpkin looks like a different shape. All the accessories could have been welded on a better diff. Torque tube was also deleted and there are arms for the 3rd links instead.

If it is the stock pumpkin 150HP is the max recommended for those little fellas.

Β·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nothing in the driveline is stock, that's a GM 3100 SFI motor(1994-2002 might size cars like Malibus and Grand Prix) TH350 auto trans, Grand Prix 3rd member/diff. Still havent left yet, new 225/70 tires were a no go, shredding over big bumps. Again Big O Tire in Gilbert getting 2 new 195/60/14's on front.

Attachments

Β·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didint exactly get an early start on the 400 mile drive from PHX to LA, left about 1pm becsuse the 'we'll have them in an hour tires" took 3 hoursπŸ˜“ 108 degrees rolling thru the Mohave desert, no worries I'll just crank up the ACπŸ€ͺ.

Control arm bushings are shot as are the ball joints, shocks and the front leaf spring is almost flat(heavy motor/Trans🐷) but gosh darn it, he made it home!☺ Couple road side repairs, exhaust came uncoupled. FACT, never do a cross state trip in a nearly 50 year old car without vice grips, safety wire and zip ties!!🀣 Used all of those essentials πŸ‘

One thing for sure, it draws a crowd wherever it goes. #1 question, what year Corvette is that??😊

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts