Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this e-mail From Jim M. last nite and sent out additional e-mails. This is just in case we missed someone. So let's clean'em, polish'em and come on out.

Hello Opel friends,
I just got a call from Mike Herman, He is back in the good ole USA and he reminded me that he has not been notified of the next SDOC meet
So here it is:

Saturday March 15th 11AM to 1PM ???
Where: South Carlsbad State Park parking lot
The beach is located 3 miles south of Carlsbad on CARLSBAD BLVD.
Take INTERSTATE 5, exit PALOMAR AIRPORT ROAD.
Go west to CARLSBAD BLVD - SOUTH.
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto ramp CARLSBAD BLVD. – SOUTH.
Merge onto CARLSBAD BLVD. – SOUTH, continue 1.6 miles to campground entrance.

Campground Address
7201 Carlsbad Blvd.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
The campground entrance is not accessible from Poinsettia Ave. What to bring: An Opel car would be really nice, yourself and any loved ones, and some food as there is no resturant there, maybe a picinic basket. If you have parts to trade or swap bring those. Maybe a warm jacket or sweater as it may still be chilly ? Folding chairs? Looking forward to seeing you all as we have not had a meet since last October,so it will be good to catch up and share. My Kadett Wagon is still in the paint shop BUT I am hoping it will be done in time to bring it. If there are 2-3 people or 30 people we will have a great time as we always do as a club. So come and enjoy a couple of hours with your Opel friends.
Jim

BTW if you are not in the SO CAL area please excuse the message or come anyway. If you got 2 notices that is because I am retarded. Drive an Opel it is a good cure for the $4.00 a gallon gas prices

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Location Has Changed

Just got this from Jim M. Hope you can make it.

Hello Opel friends, CHANGE OF PLANS I.E. THE MEETING LOCATION I just got a another call from Mike Herman. He is back in the good ole USA and he reminded me that he has not been notified of the next SDOC meet, again We talked about the CSP parking and it is non exsistant So here it is: Saturday March 15th 11AM to 1PM ??? NEW LOCATION : Fish House Vera Cruz 417 Carlsbad Village Dr Carlsbad, CA 92008 (760) 434-6777 Parking for 40 cars in the rear, this is just before The Beach house (old nemans) where we met last year. Some of you may already know that my mother had surgery 02 11 08 and is still recovering at my home in Wildomar so it is most likely I will need to attend to her and unable to attend. I know you all will miss me and it is not the same without me there telling corny jokes Hope to see you all at the Fallbrook Vintage Car Show in May. My 1970 Kadett wagon should be done by then Drive safe and drive Opels they get good MPG 'S !! help with global warming too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts