Opel GT Forum banner

first run since "refreshenin up"

917 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  greensmurf20 
#1 ·
first time out. not really of any help to anybody, so one of you moderators can get rid of it if you please, just wanting to share this with everybody.

well. do you all remember my 300 dollar chicago GT? the one that only needed brake hoses and tires, and drove it all fall? only had 69 thousand on the odometer. origional miles, kept inside its whole life. now its olympic white with a global blue stripe, 11 inches wide and the front of the stripe flares out to the same width of the inlet holes in the front panel. 5 coats of clear. nice interior, needs carpet, but the rest is fine, dash isnt even cracked, believe it or not. put a new clutch in it, just because i had it. bought it for my old car and sold it before i used it. old clutch is still fine. also put the 2.0 i rebuilt in it, just because i had it laying around, the low comp 1.9 ran perfect, except for it was completely gutless. so i put the 2.0 in it, just has a stock head tho...gotta do something with that. and put a 32/36 DGEV weber on it. hehe, even got a chrome valve cover for 20 bucks....got an inside connection with a local chrome shop. sorry, got off track. after re-wiring my headlights and a little more wiring for them, i got my headlights workin right again thanks mostyl to azzi, and drove it for the first time since november in the dark with headlights....yay. ok more like dusk but still needed them. i had absolutely no problems, except for the lack of fuel due to no gas, started chugging on the way home once in a while. so i guess i need to put the hood back on, vent my gas tank without the charcoal canister. think i'm just going to run the line somewhere where the end will stay dry and use one of those filters with the foam around it on the old s-10 and s-10 blazers vent line for the transfer case. then i need to wash it too, put the hood on and hook my windshield squirters up. tune the weber a little better and drive it a bit and break the motor in. still babying it, havent touched 4,000 yet, never seen more than 1/4-1/2 pedal. guess i'm wanting to thank you all for the help with the 2.0 especially, and thanking azzi in paticular too for the headlights. like to thank anybody else that ever helped me over the past year getting my old GT up and running time after time, man that car was a piece of S***, Opel or not it was nothing but a lemon, that knowlege i got from this site for that car helped me on this car, just not as many things to fix on this one. thank you all very much

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.