Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
future opel owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All , I am new to this site and I'm glad I found this place. So I just got a 1971 Opel Kadett and I am picking up today. Me being a Chevy man almost all my life I never thought about Opel until i seen one for about $700 with the original motor and tranny. So to make a long story short I am wondering if you guys and point me in the right direction, I'm look for a good place for parts, mechanic knowledge on these cars and basically anything.

Thanks,:)

·
UngerDog
1,309 Posts
The green one in Brentwood? But, that one is currently being offered for $550 although it was offered for free a few months ago by someone in Richmond. And, the ad from two months ago said it was a salvaged vehicle. After the free ad, another ad by the current seller started, and that green '71 Opel had a $1500 price tag and no mention of the salvaged title. :bs2::bs2::bs2:Then, over the last few weeks the price has been dropping.

·
future opel owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The green one in Brentwood? But, that one is currently being offered for $550 although it was offered for free a few months ago by someone in Richmond. And, the ad from two months ago said it was a salvaged vehicle. After the free ad, another ad by the current seller started, and that green '71 Opel had a $1500 price tag and no mention of the salvaged title.
Then, over the last few weeks the price has been dropping.
Thanks I kind of wondered about that one..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome!

I am in the bay area too as well as at least 3 others spread in Santa Clara, SF and Pleasanton. If you expand your search to NorCal (including Sacramento area) we actually have a sizeable group in the area.

Opel GT Source (OGTS as frequently used on this site) and Opel Unlimited are your parts people as ubernoob mentioned. Rock Auto has a few pieces as well. Make sure you get some manuals. I have Chevy myself and you are about to be blown away by some of the differences (metric fasteners, MUCH lower torque settings, and parts sourcing from Germany!).

Give the forum a search, it has tons of info. Also feel free to reach out to me or other individually if we can help at all!

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,508 Posts
Mechanically about 90% the same as the GT.

Some parts are easier to get than others. Interior parts can be a pain to find as well as sheetmetal and tailights for 69 Rallye and 70-71.

Lots of help here just search or ask :)

So what style ? As a 71 I assume its a sedan or a wagon..

1.1L or 1.9L ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts