Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Opeler
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While replacing the engine with my new custom built 2.1L I wanted to fix the nagging leak from the dip stick tube. I had previously installed a new o-ring from OGTS but the leak came back and always left a bad puddle when parked. That's because the fluid drains from the torque converter back to the case and then overflows out the tube fitting. Not a great design really and as the tranny ages that tube and socket change shape, get bigger and the o-ring won't seal. Instead of trying to put a bigger o-ring in or expanding the tube slightly I came up with another solution. My goal was to fix this once and for all and not have to pull the tranny again for another leak. So I decided to tap and install a fitting with a short tube and then connect the dip-stick tube with apiece of rubber hose and clamps. Turns out the hole size in the tranny is perfect for tapping a 1/2" pipe thread. Used an appropriate fitting and 1/2" copper pipe a few inches long. Connected it all together and this sucker will not leak again!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts