Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixing the duel turn siginal problem once and for all

Ok I struggled with this for a while and read alot of articles. The easiest fix is to rerout the ground from the flasher unit. Unlike the bright liht indicator the bulbs for the flashers ground themselves through the flasher unit. When the car is repainted that ground becomes less strong and it simply grounds through the other bulb giving the duel flasher. Simply pull the wire out of the flasher unit that is the ground (I don't remember the color) and ground it elsewhere. (I grounded mine to the speed guage.) Works perfect now! Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fixing the duel turn siginal problem once and for all

Ok I struggled with this for a while and read alot of articles. The easiest fix is to rerout the ground from the flasher unit. Unlike the bright liht indicator the bulbs for the flashers ground themselves through the flasher unit. When the car is repainted that ground becomes less strong and it simply grounds through the other bulb giving the duel flasher. Simply pull the wire out of the flasher unit that is the ground (I don't remember the color) and ground it elsewhere. (I grounded mine to the speed guage.) Works perfect now! Hope this helps someone.
Cant believe- it took 17 Years, for me to find your post, with that nagging problems, Solution !! Of all 160- 200 GTs i have owned since age 15, All but a couple would Double Flash..I did this trick, and worked excellent, other than switching + wires on the bulbs- right fblinked d left,, left blinked right..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts