Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opeler
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My flamethrower coil is a much smaller diameter coil than the stock.

How are the rest of you mounting your coils? Are you getting a sleeve to fit it into the original bracket, or are you buying the replacement pertronix bracket?

Thanks All!

Trev

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
hi trev i normally use aluminium strip cut and bent to shape to make new clips , easy to bend and work on

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Most auto parts stores carry coil brackets that are adustable down to the size of your coil, and in most cases they will mount in the same holes in your existing coil bracket. You may have to cut off the end of the adjusting bolt to make it look right. I think the last one I got was a Mr. Gasket. It was chrome, but I've also seen them in blue, red, and black.

·
Opeler
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm...

Keith gave me a suggestion too - just unmount one of the two bolts that are in the stock holder.

Thanks guys - I'll do something that will look "right". I do like the idea of more chrome in the engine bay - mine is still a little light in that area.

And we all know that chrome makes the car go faster, right? ;)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
On mine, I cut a piece of tire inner tube that matched the width on the holder, wrapped it around the coil, slid it into the holder, tighted the holder up and no problems so far. Jarrell

·
239 Posts
Aluminium
baz said:
hi trev i normally use aluminium strip cut and bent to shape to make new clips , easy to bend and work on

Baz Got an Aussie friend who pronounces it Aluminium, never seen him spell it before though! On this side of the pond we call it as we spell it Aluminum :D
Wouldn't be a beer can you use would it? All your Beer is bottled, isn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts